ISO extracting (please help)

vbimport

Hey, Im kind of new on this downloading full games from the warez sites. Maybe someone could help me out. I downloaded the 12 winrar files for a game called Start-Up from www.warezempire.com. I thought I new what i was doing. This is what i did. I made a new folder called Startup undr thge c: dir. and I extracted every winrar file into it. There waere also new folders created inside Startup. I was wondering why most files in each winrar files are just duplicates and also how do i burn the game to cd. I dont remember seeeing a .bin .iso or any of those ohter iso extensions. I really aprreciate your help.
P.s _ why does it seem that people dont like to reply to me. Is it something i did?
P.P.S- Cd Freaks Rule!!!!

[This message has been edited by kikling (edited 10 May 2000).]

Greetings,

First off, the “duplicate files” you are talking about aren’t actually duplicates. If you were to check in DOS and do a DIR (where your RAR files are at), you will see the they are labeled… “RAR”,“r00”,“r01”, etc. In order to access the whole game in it’s full, you must open the RAR file, then extract all the volumes from there. After you’ve extracted you may see some extra folders once your done. This is a good sign by the way. According to burning however if you downloaded and ISO you shouldn’t get any folders. A bit confused…but anyway, if you wanna burn it on CD just select the folders and files of the game under whatever program you choose to use.
Hope that helped

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maligma:
[b]Greetings,

First off, the “duplicate files” you are talking about aren’t actually duplicates. If you were to check in DOS and do a DIR (where your RAR files are at), you will see the they are labeled… “RAR”,“r00”,“r01”, etc. In order to access the whole game in it’s full, you must open the RAR file, then extract all the volumes from there. After you’ve extracted you may see some extra folders once your done. This is a good sign by the way. According to burning however if you downloaded and ISO you shouldn’t get any folders. A bit confused…but anyway, if you wanna burn it on CD just select the folders and files of the game under whatever program you choose to use.
Hope that helped

[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well what I have are 12 zip files. there called we-su01, we-suo2, we-suo3 etc. I open them up using winrar and I see all these text from the hacker (there in every zip) and files like startup.c00. Now what I do is click “extract to” (its automatiicaly extracts each file) and pick the folder i want to do it to. I usually pick the folder i created. Well after Ive done every zip and extracted the files, i look in the folder. All I see are the promotion things from the hackers and the startp.c00 files. What do I do after that. Thanks. I appreciate it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Arial”>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kikling:
Hey, Im kind of new on this downloading full games from the warez sites. Maybe someone could help me out. I downloaded the 12 winrar files for a game called Start-Up from www.warezempire.com. I thought I new what i was doing. This is what i did. I made a new folder called Startup undr thge c: dir. and I extracted every winrar file into it. There waere also new folders created inside Startup. I was wondering why most files in each winrar files are just duplicates and also how do i burn the game to cd. I dont remember seeeing a .bin .iso or any of those ohter iso extensions. I really aprreciate your help.
P.s _ why does it seem that people dont like to reply to me. Is it something i did?
P.P.S- Cd Freaks Rule!!!
I also want to know if anybody knows how to put in iso on a cd using NERO ( i think one of the newest versions). I havent tried making an iso from a cd yet, but I when I do i heard that a iso file will be created and another cue file will be created, how do i get that cue file on nero. And if its not possible, tell me which porgrams works best with iso, but dont say cdrwin it doesnt work with my burner. Thanks!
[This message has been edited by kikling (edited 10 May 2000).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok, that’s a bit more info. I assumed that they were r01 etc. (bad assumption). Anyway, you see the file c00. Winrar cannot open these types of extensions, use Winace. Winace is a competitor with Winrar (I prefer Winrar). Download WinAce and extract that C00 file(s). That should do the trick