Iso compression

vbimport

Hi, I want to burn some CD ISOs to a DVD, not from the ISOs but the ISO images themselves. Actually I am making an autorun which mounts the ISO images using DaemonScript. Now the problem is that they make a total of 4.83 GB which probably won’t fit on a single layer DVD. So is there any other image format which can compress the data so that it would fit on a 4.7 GB DVD and which can be mounted using DaemonTools. Or maybe there’s some program that can compress the ISO files itself. Well any one of them would help.

Thanks

well… just to tell you from what ive read, dvd-5’s can actually only take 4.3gb, they say 4.7 as of a technicality. Anyway, if you wanted to burn the iso’s i would reccomend using nero. As for compression, the only thing i can think of is using either winrar of winzip and putting them in one file.

A DVD holds 4.7 GB if you could 1 GB = 1,000,000,000 bytes.

A DVD holds 4.38 GB if 1 GB = 1,073,741,824 bytes.

redblue4356: i’ve not heard of any apps that will do what you need.

shrink can, under file click open disc image and then you can shrink the iso, just have to change another name

as far as i know, shrink will only work on video dvds. correct me if i’m wrong here, but the original poster said nothing about a video.

Yeah, I know they can store only upto 4.3 GB. I meant 4.7 GB technically too.

Does DaemonTools mount rar or zip files??
BTW can someone tell me how to write scripts for mounting daa images. :bow:

That refers to VIDEO content ONLY, of course.

Try it.

Actually I am making an autorun which mounts the ISO images using DaemonScript.

You want do that and don’t know if Daemontools can mount the above mentioned filetypes??
LOL
What are helpfiles/guides for?

How about using another format for the image file like .nrg …instead of iso? it suppose to be smaller than iso!
Use poweriso or any other prog(ultraiso,magiciso …)to covert the iso iamges in another format and see which is the smallest one!

I know it can mount ISOs and other images. I was asking about rar files.

I converted them to .nrg. They are the same size. daa images are quite small. Only if DaemonTools could mount them. It would be best if you can tell me how to write scripts for mounting daa images. Neither DaemonTools nor Alcohol mounts those images. Only PowerISO mounts them. So DaemonScript does not help since it can only write scripts for mounting images using DaemonTools and Alcohol.

Thanks

hello there

please help me i am new to the cd/dvd thing , i have daa file i dont know how to open them could any one guide me please with step by step i have iso magic and daemon tools but i dont know how to use them please help

Sure, open it exactly with that program you have created it with. :smiley: