Isn't Christmas Ment To be A Happy Time

Now correct me if i’m wrong but isn’t Christmas meant to be a happy and jolly time ?

Thing is you hear all the christmas jingles on the music channels and radio of which some are happy cheerful songs, admittedly the tune is normally rubbish but still jolly but so many are damn right miserable songs, i mean take that Elvis song “it’ll be lonely this christmas without you by my side” i mean how miserable are those lyrics. There’s many more songs but i just can’t remember them

Its the same with TV, they always put programs on that are about people dieing or terminally ill, i mean i wouldn’t wish stuff like that on anyone but it seems like christmas comes around and they flood the tv channels with these programs. I know i can just change the channel but then one sneaky add catches you out.

Yes they seem to think we all like sad things. That is one of the first things I look for in a movie is, does it end sad. If it does I do not go to it. That movie about a big ship sinking (Titanic) was on no interest to me because I knew the ending had to be sad and I also new how it would end. As for as sad things at Christmas I Lost a daughter years back in December just before Christmas, so I do not need things to be sad about I need things to be happy about. Now you go me sad. The reason I posted the Does everyone believe in Santa Clause post was because I knew the post that would be added would make me smile and they did. I for one would rather enjoy my grandkids joy at Christmas rather than see sad things that happen in life, I have had those and do not need to think about them.

Isn’t Christmas Ment To be A Happy Time

Happiness isn’t generated by time. It’s generated by love, caring and what people do or don’t.

I think it is about counter point. Sad stories my make you think how lucky you are at Christmas time.

IMO the hardest thing is to be alone at Christmas. Invite someone alone over and share some time with them.

Christmas is when the liberals are busy getting rid of Christmas. More cities have recently outlawed Christmas. All holidays in the U. S. will have the greeting “Happy Holiday”. I refuse to accept this crap. So Merry Christmas.

[QUOTE=slytrans69;1957314]Christmas is when the liberals are busy getting rid of Christmas. More cities have recently outlawed Christmas. All holidays in the U. S. will have the greeting “Happy Holiday”. I refuse to accept this crap. So Merry Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Or X-mas…dumb
Merry Christmas!