Is Windows 7 easy to use?

vbimport

Is it easy to use? I’ve only used with XP Home & Office. Thanks Again

In my opinion, XP is still better :bigsmile:

… moved to General Software.

Michael :cop:

[QUOTE=geno888;2521989]In my opinion, XP is still better :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Maybe but if you use 7 and then go back to xp won’t make you happy…trust me I had XP pro sp3 for the longest time since vista came out and now that I gone all 7 computing is way better and better interface as well as more support and updates. So go 7 if you can cause it alot better then going vista…IMO 7 is a better replacement for XP…

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2521978]Is it easy to use? I’ve only used with XP Home & Office. Thanks Again[/QUOTE]

Yes it is easy to use however if you switch to Win 7 don’t go with their home version do to your administrative limitations ;)XP is e

I still have all 3 OS’s XP ProSP3 32bit, Vista Ultimate SP2 64bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.
XP is an ok OS but it is old and tired just like me, LOL :bigsmile:

Vista is a pretty good OS and I have never experienced all the troubles others have reported
about Vista it has always been a rock solid OS for me but I did wait until SP1 was out before
I installed and started using it.

Windows 7 is better than XP and Vista combined together but IMO it was more or less just a
major SP release for Vista that costs you money instead of a completely new redesigned OS. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2522163]

Windows 7 is better than XP and Vista combined together but IMO it was more or less just a
major SP release for Vista that costs you money instead of a completely new redesigned OS. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I think that is a understatement. It was redesigned O/S made to actually work with older and newer system. I know I installed it on system made in 2006 and prior and it works some found more hardware then others but it worked. Unlike vista that won’t install on older hardware. That to me is the test of a good O/S that works.

The only major issue I have with 7 now is it wont use the HP toolbox that worked great in XP for checking my ink levels and doing head cleanings and things easily.
I just had to boot to my old copy of XP just to check the ink in my OLD 990 printer that still prints great. Very frustrating and shame on HP for giving up on a excellent printer just because it’s old and they don’t want to write proper full drivers for it any more.
They have a workaround posted for the issue but if you don’t see the tool box buried where they claim it is your SOL.
At least it still prints great and the duplex printing is supported.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2523197]The only major issue I have with 7 now is it wont use the HP toolbox that worked great in XP for checking my ink levels and doing head cleanings and things easily.
I just had to boot to my old copy of XP just to check the ink in my OLD 990 printer that still prints great. Very frustrating and shame on HP for giving up on a excellent printer just because it’s old and they don’t want to write proper full drivers for it any more.
They have a workaround posted for the issue but if you don’t see the tool box buried where they claim it is your SOL.
At least it still prints great and the duplex printing is supported.[/QUOTE]

Yea, your not the only one with that issue on 7 my old trusty working and printing HP 960c works with 7 just won’t install xp program for it but 7 did find the driver and installed for it. But it still works and I won’t give up my 960c til it dies or stops working.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2523197]The only major issue I have with 7 now is it wont use the HP toolbox that worked great in XP for checking my ink levels and doing head cleanings and things easily.
At least it still prints great and the duplex printing is supported.[/QUOTE]
Tried compatibility modes/running as administrator?

If you have Pro or Ultimate, you can also get Windows XP mode (XP virtual machine).

I have ultimate here, one of the perks of having a friend that’s in the business. Never tried XP virtual machine, not even sure hot to go about it.
I loaded the XP drivers and the toolbox exe is where it’s supposed to be but it wont load even in XP compatibility mode. And I can run anything I want as admin if I hit the right box.
Unless using that mode is easy and selective now that my old XP drive is working again I can go to it when needed to check levels and clean the heads. This time I just pulled the cart and wiped the head off with a paper towel and alcohol, once it was back in the printer did a alignment page automatically as that’s the way that series of printers works, they detect the paper type and set the ink output and align things whenever it detects a problem.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2523521]
Unless using that mode is easy and selective now that my old XP drive is working again I can go to it when needed to check levels and clean the heads. This time I just pulled the cart and wiped the head off with a paper towel and alcohol, once it was back in the printer did a alignment page automatically as that’s the way that series of printers works, they detect the paper type and set the ink output and align things whenever it detects a problem.[/QUOTE]
Because it’s a virtual machine, it has to be manually started, and it’s basically just a second desktop, sitting in a window on your main desktop.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Thanks for that but the virtual pc part keeps saying install failed at about 90 percent and quitting.
It is a legit reged copy and all that crap and the test thing to let you know if your machine has hardware support for the thing says it does so kinda dead in the water for now.
Not a huge deal but would be a cool feature to add to my OS.

[QUOTE=Dartman;2524235]Thanks for that but the virtual pc part keeps saying install failed at about 90 percent and quitting.
It is a legit reged copy and all that crap and the test thing to let you know if your machine has hardware support for the thing says it does so kinda dead in the water for now.
Not a huge deal but would be a cool feature to add to my OS.[/QUOTE]
Bummer!

Might be an idea to run “sfc /scannow” … make sure everything in the OS is working ok :wink:

Well I finally had some major issues getting some of the latest updates in win7 to load so I asked about my issues on the Win7 Forums http://www.sevenforums.com/
One of the power users and maybe a mod looked at my issues and the error messages I was having and looked at my error log he had me setup for him.
He figured out what was broken in my registry from it and made me a custom repair file that went through and replaced all the damaged files he found, besides making the latest updates work again it fixed the issues with the XP mode actually installing on my copy of ultimate 32 bit.
I downloaded it and set up XP mode and then got the last good XP drivers from the HP site loaded into it as well.
Now I can see how much ink is left without booting XP directly, plus print from the XP mode if needed :bigsmile:
Pretty cool piece of kit if your copy of 7 and machine support it, just like he said a small box in the middle of your screen with XP running with any drivers or programs you want or need to run in XP right there to play with.
That forum is also a very valuable resource for anyone having issues or wanting to learn 7 so I figured the link would be useful for many folks here.