Is Verbatim BD-R 6X that Bad or is my BDR-205 getting Funky?

vbimport

Look at the graph. What puzzles me is the buffer…Burn looks nice and then all of a sudden tanks. I am posting the MID, burn graph and settings. Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks

Bob

Do you have your 205 mounted in a external USB enclosure?

Here is the same media using Nero DiscSpeed 11. Still funky toward the end, but very different from Opti Drive Control. Any thoughts? I think that the Verbatim quality is not as good as the older 4X media. Why would the buffer flush so badly with Opti Drive Control?

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2623668]Do you have your 205 mounted in a external USB enclosure?[/QUOTE]

I have Streaming ticked in functions and no…my Pioneer BDR-205 is installed on SATA 2.

I have two WD Velociraptors in RAID 0 on SATA 0 and SATA 1. The Pioneer is on SATA 2 and I have an LG BD Reader DVD Writer on SATA 3. My burn speed with Nero DiscSpeed is normal for Phillips BD-R, and funky toward the end on Verbatim. Everything looks pretty bad using Opti Drive Control either 1.50 or 1.51. Don’t think that Opti Drive Control is good for writing, just reading. Sorry I spent the $$$ on it, for it seems that it is dire need of an update. Burns and reads DVD great…BD-R, not so good

ODC is not being developed for proper data burning, its purpose is for testing…

I see similar problems when burning BD iso files using imgburn or cdspeed. The cause was hard disk fragmentation.

The burn needs higher sustained transfer rates because of the CAV.

Looking at the screens we can see that the buffer remain stable since the speed drops to a certain level.