Is this very good way to backup of DVD and Blu-Ray I buy?

vbimport

I would ask if this is best way or very good way to backup DVD and Blu-Ray that I buy. I seek opinions please.

Rip to disk with DVDFAB HD DECRYPTER only using free part

• always rip main movie only for my preference

Convert with HANDBRAKE for files to play on computer, laptop, ipad

Sometime make image to write DVD to backup disk with DVD Shrink

• I get best results when going DVD9 to DVD5 for quality to one DVD

Use IMGBURN to put image onto DVD or BLU-RAY for video player playback

Thank you for helping

If the tools you are using are working to your satisfaction, then I see no real reason to switch. I wouldn’t say that they are all the “best” solution for each particular task however.

There is nothing wrong with decrypting with DVDFab HD Decrypter, unless you are working with a very new blu ray or dvd that has just come out and has a new protection scheme on it. In those few instances, that program usually lags behind on updates (deliberately by DVDFab) and just won’t work on them for a few weeks.

Handbrake uses the X264 encoder, and is very popular. It should work fine for small mkv or mp4 files using the X264 encoder.

DVDShrink is a good transcoder, but if you want the very best quality when compressing a dvd video to fit a DVD5, you should use an encoder like HCenc. DVDRebuilder can use HCenc, and will give slightly better results. The free version of DVDRebuilder is now pretty old and may never be updated, but should still work for this. The Pro (paid) version has more options, but if you have already ripped just the main movie using DVDFab HD Decrypter, that won’t matter much.

You haven’t mentioned what program you use for compressing Blu ray, and keeping it in blu ray format. I suggest BD Rebuilder for this. You can make AVCHD compatible movies to fit blank dvds, or you can compress blu ray to fit 25gb blank blu ray disks. It can also convert blu ray to dvd-video or make H264 .mkv files for you. It also has presets for your iPad.

Imgburn is very good…no need to change this.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2586242]There is nothing wrong with decrypting with DVDFab HD Decrypter, unless you are working with a very new blu ray or dvd that has just come out and has a new protection scheme on it. In those few instances, that program usually lags behind on updates (deliberately by DVDFab) and just won’t work on them for a few weeks.
[/QUOTE]

Just to add to what Kerry has said, it is of course the freeware version that lags behind. There’s no delay in relation to the full version of DVDFab.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank you for reply

I find to use the free HD DECRYPTER to be enough for both DVD and BLU-RAY. I only need rip either full disc or main movie and HANDBRAKE is more reliable and functions more at quality resulting files than the pay version of DVDFAB and DVDFAB pay is costing hundreds of dollars. It is shocking the expense they have set the price to. I stand grateful for HD DECRYPTER working for free. I try ANYDVD but rips it makes with its tools do not work at all times but HD DECRYPTER always rip to the WINDOWS drive and closes down and the files have no protection and work with HANDBRAKE and DVDSHRINK and NERORECODE and IMGBURN so I use that.

I thank you for helping and for names of REBUILDER programs. I will download and use them. Helping is generous of you here and I appreciate that you have.