Is this the best burn I can expect?

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD±R RW IDE BULK BLACK. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m using a Liteon iHAP422 and Verbatim Lightscribe DVD-R burning with Nerovision 4.9.7.2
I’ve tried all the tricks I’ve read about here and, although these are pretty good, I’d like to see better.
I have an Intel E4300 on a good Gigabyte m’board with 2 GB of RAM running Vista home.
I’ve shut off practically all other software including the screen saver.
Any ideas on making it better or should I be happy with what I have.

[QUOTE=marlasboy;2414509][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On DVD±R RW IDE BULK BLACK. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I’m using a Liteon iHAP422 and Verbatim Lightscribe DVD-R burning with Nerovision 4.9.7.2
I’ve tried all the tricks I’ve read about here and, although these are pretty good, I’d like to see better.
I have an Intel E4300 on a good Gigabyte m’board with 2 GB of RAM running Vista home.
I’ve shut off practically all other software including the screen saver.
Any ideas on making it better or should I be happy with what I have.[/QUOTE]
Decent burns my only suggestion is to burn at 8x or 6x and see what the results are also try ImgBurn.:wink:

Best bet is to play it and see how it looks and not rely on Nero CD Speed to tell you if it’s a good burn or not as it isn’t calibrated like a true test program is, IMHO anyway you might want to go to your burner forum and look at some of the burns

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2414555]Best bet is to play it and see how it looks and not rely on Nero CD Speed to tell you if it’s a good burn or not as it isn’t calibrated like a true test program is[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by not calibarated ? Isn’t it just showing the PI/PIF data the drive is reporting ?

How do you know for sure if it’s the true reading as electrical interfernce could affect it too, just MHO here as each to their own, I have seen really bad burns according to CD Speed but yet the movie played great thats why I don’t just rely on that program