Is this really true?

Silly subject maybe but i have to ask:-)…I had two CloneCD copies of games, the images that is, protected with safedisc 2.80.010, namely Need For Speed Hot Pursuit2 and Fifa 2003. Tried to burn them as usual with CloneCD 4.1.0.1 and the safedisc settings using my Lite-On 48125w (overclocked 40x) but with no luck. None of the games would run from my writer using the ATIP hiding in CloneCD. I then tried to burn the images with Alcohol 120% 1.3.5 build 1112, using the safedisc 2 settings. Everything OK, installs just fine AND, lo and behold, plays just FINE from my burner with NO ATIP hiding enabled:-)…both of the games…my question is, is this normal? Are the copies supposed to run like this after burning with Alcohol 120%??? Or am i just lucky?

No you were not “lucky” Alcohol can backup these games without a problem, check this thread for other games that Alcohol can backup Known backups using Alcohol

to E-Buzz:

I got same result , It’s amazing. I don’t know why 2…
I have a clonecd image of balttlefield 1942, but can not make a playable copy by clonecd, but i burn the clonecd image with Alcohol 120%, it works. i am using Lite-On 48125w .
Can anyone here explain it?

Originally posted by Ph0enix
No you were not “lucky” Alcohol can backup these games without a problem, check this thread for other games that Alcohol can backup Known backups using Alcohol

Yes indeed, but the list does not contain the games i mentioned, time to update the list i guess:-)…nevertheless, are the games supposed to run without “hide ATIP” function enabled?..this is very very good news indeed:-)…

E-Buzz, you will notice that i said in my post

thread for other games that Alcohol can backup
yours are not in that list as no one has submitted them, if however i have your permission to add them i will with a credit to you.

Originally posted by Ph0enix
E-Buzz, you will notice that i said in my post yours are not in that list as no one has submitted them, if however i have your permission to add them i will with a credit to you.

Yes Sir, you definitely have my permission to do that!:-)…good news have to be spread, yes?:slight_smile: