Is this real TY?

vbimport

Just received TY CDR’s from River Media and wonder, are TY’s real. Number on each CDR is 5K1880D. Can anybody help me in this?

[QUOTE=ekstaze;2553198]Just received TY CDR’s from River Media and wonder, are TY’s real. Number on each CDR is 5K1880D. Can anybody help me in this?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean a serial number or a stamper number?

Sorry for my English, I do not know how to name the place on CDR where number is. It is in the center of CDR, on transparent part.

[QUOTE=ekstaze;2553202]is. It is in the center of CDR, on transparent part.[/QUOTE]
That’s a serial number (or hub code). What is the stamper code of those CD-Rs?

Thank you for explanation. Stamper code is 80 PG7638, hub code is 5K 1880D or 5K 188OD. Stamper code is very small, much much smaller then in your picture, I spent 4 minutes staring at it.

[QUOTE=ekstaze;2553381]Stamper code is 80 PG7638, hub code is 5K 1880D or 5K 188OD. Stamper code is very small, much much smaller then in your picture, I spent 4 minutes staring at it.[/QUOTE]

Your media are legit TYs. :flower:

Boy I’m happy.

[QUOTE=pepst;2553413]Your media are legit TYs. :flower:[/QUOTE]

But how did you understood?

[QUOTE=ekstaze;2553431]But how did you understood?[/QUOTE]

The stamper codes of legit Taiyo Yuden’s CD-Rs always begin with “80 PG”, “80 PC” or “80 PD”.

Hello,

once again, the same question to the forum: just received new parcel with TY CDR’s and want to know, are they originals. Numers on CDR’s are:

Hub code: 2F063C1008280
Stamper code: 80 PG8189

Stamper code starts with 80 PG, that’s nice, but maybe other codes reveal the horrible secret of notTYetry?

Just need to know for sure, since I order big amount.

Thanks, will wait for an answer.

They’re genuine. :slight_smile:

Every last one of my TY CDRs have the “80 PG” stamper code. :iagree:

Never knew about the two other stamper codes, you learn something new every day! :smiley:

EDIT: Thanks pepst, I’ve edited The TY FAQ sticky to include the two extra CDR stampercodes :flower:

Arachne,

I could have sworn some of my Plasmon CD-Rs had similar markings :eek:

[QUOTE=Chad_Bronson;2580825]Arachne,

I could have sworn some of my Plasmon CD-Rs had similar markings :eek:[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, if you still have the discs, fancy posting said codes? :slight_smile:

Yikes, it appears I have made a fowl-up on my part :doh:

Those numbers are NOT EVEN CLOSE to the TY numbers, I do apologise… But for those that are interested, those marked on my Hyundai CD-R (and very similar to my Signellex discs);

CDR 80UG JKDR (09112101)