Is this possible?

vbimport

Hi i've got ccd images of back ups of a game (GTA3). Can i put the raw images on to 2 CDRs to delete it themmy harddrive, and then if i ever need to make another back up simply put that cd in my DVD drive, and burn the image from the dvd drive to my cdr??? Will any of the data become corrupt and i wont have a working copy???

Cheers

Originally posted by Sergy
Hi i’ve got ccd images of back ups of a game (GTA3).
Sometimes downloaded images are patched/hacked whatever - can you confirm that you d/l them before I tell you what to do next?

Works if they’re not too big of course…a 700 MB disc will produce a raw image of 800 MB and 30 MB subchannels.

No they are images i made my self of the original game - ok so i have a total of 800mb per cd… could i put them on a 90min cd???

I’m a little confused, Sergy. If you made them using CloneCD, why don’t you just burn them with CCD using the second button on the interface? 700MB/80’ discs are fine, btw.

Yeh that’s what i did to burn a back up and that worked fine.

but i want to keep the images in case i want to burn another back up - so i’d like to burn the images to a disc so i dont have to keep them on my hard drive.

so you want to burn the images to save you making an image the next time you want to burn it? please, son, think about what you are saying…

no, i think i understand.
when he wants to burn a game, instead of having to make an image of the game and then burn it, if he had the image on a cd already (on a cd he had a file called game.iso) He could then burn that image directly from that cd to a cd in his cdrw drive using clone cd. might be a good idea if you had to make lots of copies and had no hard drive space, but it would probably be better just to free up some spce on the hard drive and keep the image there.

Originally posted by ckin2001
so you want to burn the images to save you making an image the next time you want to burn it? please, son, think about what you are saying…
I have to agree with ckin2001 here. But this is a question that pops up, though infrequently. Here’s what you do[ul][]backup the title[]place the original(s) in a safe place[]delete the image files[]play the backup[*]backup the original again if the backup fails[/ul]Burning the image onto a CD-R is, is, is…um, I can’t describe it. I can only assume that you have ~warez~ images, sorry.

Originally posted by FutureProof
I have to agree with ckin2001 here. But this is a question that pops up, though infrequently. Here’s what you do[ul][li]backup the title[]place the original(s) in a safe place[]delete the image files[]play the backup[]backup the original again if the backup fails[/ul]Burning the image onto a CD-R is, is, is…um, I can’t describe it. I can only assume that you have ~warez~ images, sorry. [/li]

Yeah but i do own the game, this is nothing 2 do with warez. Thanks for help neway every1.

All i wanna do is keep the images because it took ages to read em and so store them on cd so i dont have 2 bother doing it again, and save my harddrive space… Sorry im crap at phrasing english.

the question is WHY you would have to do it again - if you arent selling the cd to your friends, or redistributing it in any way, most places allow you 1 backup, if that. 1. no need for more. in all likelyhood, the 1 backup you make will last you for as long as you would need the original, and there is no need for multiples. why not make 2 backups now, instead of one, so that if, heaven forbid, the original backup not work, your second one is already there! plus you have the original media! no need to save the original media stuff.

plus, try fastdump with daemon tools, might take some time off of making the image.

i agree with both futureproof and ckin2001 if you own the cd and made a back up why would you want to keep the image. You already have it twice :confused:

ever heard of copy on the fly???

>All i wanna do is keep the images
>because it took ages to read em

I understand. Use Nero or another premasterer and drag the ‘file’ into the compilation window. You may (probably will) need a 90’ or 99’ disc

You could pack those images with WinZip or WinRAR (RAR is slightly better) so that they would fit to a 74min or 80min cd-r.

Hi,

I understand what he is on about ( I hope :slight_smile: ). All he wants to do is backup the image file so he doesn’t have to piss about copying it again and does not have to waste hard disk space.

My advice would be to use something like winace to compress the image file, sub file and the ccd file. When I did this with Morrowind I got it from ~780MB down to ~450MB.

This way you could pack each image on to a regular 74min CD. A good idea might be to get a 99min CD and winace both images onto just 1 disc.

A word of warning I also compressed the image of C&C Renegade using winace and it only went down a crappy 50MB, still better than nothing.

Also I tried winzip…don’t use winzip it is shit for compressing things like exes, or images only dropped the Image of Morrowind by 30MB compared with over 300MB compression using winace.

I have not tried winrar on images but it is much better than winzip at this sort of thing so it might be worth a try.

To burn the image, compressed or otherwise just use a tool like Nero. Do as FutureProof said. Just drag and drop the file to CD and burn.

Hope this helps

Spunky

course, the reason the data would fit on the cd before, and not now, is that reading the subs adds a possible 100mb to the cd size ;).

write the data slow, without error correction, and it will all fit on a standard 700mb (800 uncorrected) 80 min cd again. although, i still dont see why you dont make multiple backups now…you are gonna use an extra cd either way, might as well make it another backup :wink: