Is This Good Media And Deal

vbimport

These Memorex 2 x 25 packs DL are selling for 39.99 inc. shipping. http://www.buy.com/prod/memorex-2-pack-of-25-8x-double-layer-media-dvd-r/q/loc/101/206820996.html
Is this worth getting?

The price of the media sounds good but it all depends if your burner can handle these well. As of right now it seems that the only consistent DL media is the made in Singapore Verbatim. Everything else seems to be hit or miss. You should look up scans of your burner using memorex DL media to ensure that you don’t get stuck with 50 disks that won’t burn. The Video Help website may help you locate the media ID of these disks. The price sounds like a bargain but the best thing to do is make sure they will be compatible with your burner.

Those discs are more than likely going to be RITEK…S04 discs some say they
do alright while I’ve heard others say they are not all that great and they burn
about like the 2.4x RITEK…D01 discs :Z

[QUOTE=getit29;2012284]Those discs are more than likely going to be RITEK…S04 discs some say they
do alright while I’ve heard others say they are not all that great and they burn
about like the 2.4x RITEK…D01 discs :Z[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Price seemed good but I don’t want to order sight unseen and get a bunch of coasters.

Best bet is to stick with Verbatim DL media. Might be a little more up front but when you take into consideration the cost of coasters with other brands you will save money with Verbatims.