Is this deal too good to be true!

Hello CDFREAKS,
As i’m quite happy with the 401s, i’m interested
in purchasing the 811s as a christmas present to myself which
would allow me to have the benefits of both +/-. I’ve just come
across this offer what do you think?

Liteon LDW-811S, 8x/4x/4x/2x/12x + Software

Quantity in Basket:none
Code: CDRW3050
Price:£85.49
Incl. VAT: £100.45

Shipping Weight: 0.00 kilos

Thanks for any replies.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

I have seen similar deals hanging about the online stores. Do some investigation. Email them. Pressure them a bit, make sure they are the real deal!

:slight_smile:

That is 142.482 Euros.
Very good deal for us this side of the atlantic.
Good luck finding a media that burns at 8x

Thanks for the advise Zebra , i’ll get on the case like Perry Mason.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Havent you become little scared with buying a Liteon DVD writer after seeing all the moans and groans about the 411s… . I certainly have
I was looking forward to buying the 811s also but not so sure anymore…
Now thinking of the Pioneer A07 instead. Hoping that it will have the proven reliablity ofthe A06 + improvements in design/features HENCE A07 over A06

Pioneer DVD-107 8x+R 8x-R Dual Format DVD Wri £109.95 £109.95

Subtotal: £109.95
Weight: 2.00 Kgs.
VAT: 17.5% £19.24
Delivery: Next Working Day (Inc VAT)3 Working Days (Inc VAT)Saturday (Inc VAT)Insuranced FREE Delivery (Inc VAT)FREE orders over £100 Exc (Inc VAT)Collection £8.45
Total Cost: £137.64

Seen a better price for it in uk ??

Hi Archv,
Since i purchased the 401s over two months ago, i can
honestly say that my experience with the drive have been
excellent. Yeah i did burn a few coasters when i first started to
get into backing up my DVDS, but i put it down to being a newbie
and not knowing exactly what was needed to achieve burning
success.
Now with more experience and using Ritek Purple 4x , Coasters are a thing of the past. I also own three other LITEON drives
including 163d Dvd rom and all have worked flawlessly.
Remember to feed your DVD burner with decent media and you’ll be rewarded.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Originally posted by Ivanhoe
[B]Hi Archv,
Since i purchased the 401s over two months ago, i can
honestly say that my experience with the drive have been
excellent. Yeah i did burn a few coasters when i first started to
get into backing up my DVDS, but i put it down to being a newbie
and not knowing exactly what was needed to achieve burning
success.
Now with more experience and using Ritek Purple 4x , Coasters are a thing of the past. I also own three other LITEON drives
including 163d Dvd rom and all have worked flawlessly.
Remember to feed your DVD burner with decent media and you’ll be rewarded.

Ivanhoe… [/B]

Ivanhoe, i also already have Liteon CD Writer & DVD already - Excellent hardware & not a single moan from me.
But i cant help and take notice of whats being said on the forums… I am really trying hard to not be a Liteon FAN and instead listen to the general opinions out there - Plenty of crying. Im sure Liteon will probably sort out all these issues at some point as im aware of there high levels of firmware releases.
But the facts are right NOW LiteOn dont have a GREAT DVD Writer like they did with there CD Writers & DVD Roms. They are fairly new to DVD Writer afterall… .
Just my opinion.

ArchV,
Maybe i’m one of the lucky ones with the 401s, when i first started to get Coasters i seriously considered converting it to 411s but decided against the idea. I’ve also flashed with the new firmware but haven’t tried any different media yet.
I also thought of buying the new Plextor but it’s well over my
budget so it’s odds on for LITEON 811s.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Originally posted by ArchV
[B]Havent you become little scared with buying a Liteon DVD writer after seeing all the moans and groans about the 411s… . I certainly have
I was looking forward to buying the 811s also but not so sure anymore…
Now thinking of the Pioneer A07 instead. Hoping that it will have the proven reliablity ofthe A06 + improvements in design/features HENCE A07 over A06

Pioneer DVD-107 8x+R 8x-R Dual Format DVD Wri £109.95 £109.95

Subtotal: £109.95
Weight: 2.00 Kgs.
VAT: 17.5% £19.24
Delivery: Next Working Day (Inc VAT)3 Working Days (Inc VAT)Saturday (Inc VAT)Insuranced FREE Delivery (Inc VAT)FREE orders over £100 Exc (Inc VAT)Collection £8.45
Total Cost: £137.64

Seen a better price for it in uk ?? [/B]

What is the name of this company?

Amah1,
The name of the company is called HARDWAREOPTIONS.
I ordered one and the final total including delivery came
to £107.60p. An absolute steal!!!

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

i tried hardwareoptions but there is nothing on their site pls can u give me site where to buy

Lodoss118,
The price of £107.60p quoted was for the LITEON
811s and not the Pioneer. I’m not interested in the Pioneer only
the LITEON.

Ivanhoe…

The TRUTH is a LIE waiting to be told.

Originally posted by lodoss118
i tried hardwareoptions but there is nothing on their site pls can u give me site where to buy
Did a search and found it here

You can a OEM Liteon 811s (who needs a box) for £99.98 Inc VAT + £3.99 delivery = £103.97 from SVP.
http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/Hardware_Section__.html

Their customer service is also second to none! :cool:

Just ordered one from SVP :slight_smile:

Any recommendations for blank media?

Originally posted by mbriody
[B]Just ordered one from SVP :slight_smile:

Any recommendations for blank media? [/B]

Arita 4X +R burn well at 8X. Also, there may be more choice now that the HSTQ firmware is out.

obvious HSTQ firmware is out. ???
where did u find this firmware ?? has liteon released it ?? have u got this firmware on your 811s ?? i thought there was a post of it killing a retail 811s is your drive retail??

Originally posted by frosty
obvious HSTQ firmware is out. ???
where did u find this firmware ?? has liteon released it ?? have u got this firmware on your 811s ?? i thought there was a post of it killing a retail 811s is your drive retail??

I used the windows flasher as posted by dhc014 here

The flashing went fine but I wont be burning a disc for another hour or so. Will report back.

hope everything goes well look forward to hearing your findings can u confirm u have a 811s retail ??

yes 811s retail :slight_smile: