Is this considered legal?

vbimport

I’m not sure whether MGM is going to release the rest of the Outer Limits to DVD. I think the last time they released a set was back in 2005. Instead I think they had only planned on releasing these themed sets instead of complete seasons. Anyways, if I wanted to get the entire season and they aren’t making any, is it legal to just download it via Bit Torrent? I live in Canada BTW. I mean if they don’t plan on releasing it, maybe there is someone who’s already got a copy of the set. Otherwise I wouldn’t mind spending $200 for the whole series. However, if they aren’t going to release any new DVDs, not sure how I would be able to complete the series.

[QUOTE=magnetite;2064795]I’m not sure whether MGM is going to release the rest of the Outer Limits to DVD. I think the last time they released a set was back in 2005. Instead I think they had only planned on releasing these themed sets instead of complete seasons. Anyways, if I wanted to get the entire season and they aren’t making any, is it legal to just download it via Bit Torrent? I live in Canada BTW. I mean if they don’t plan on releasing it, maybe there is someone who’s already got a copy of the set. Otherwise I wouldn’t mind spending $200 for the whole series. However, if they aren’t going to release any new DVDs, not sure how I would be able to complete the series.[/QUOTE]

That is against forum rules to help you with…

I was just asking a question about this. Wasn’t planning on doing it.

[QUOTE=magnetite;2064795]I’m not sure whether MGM is going to release the rest of the Outer Limits to DVD. I think the last time they released a set was back in 2005. Instead I think they had only planned on releasing these themed sets instead of complete seasons. Anyways, if I wanted to get the entire season and they aren’t making any, is it legal to just download it via Bit Torrent? [/QUOTE]
No.

I think it’s not legal to do so.

Is the bit torrent dvd quality or .avi quality? If DVD quality I would say don’t do it. If you could just DL the episodes not released then I can see your point, esp. if we are talking less than DVD quality.

short but sweet answer is Nope, not legal - not even a little bit

bitTorrent is illegal. Well, in the U.S. anyways. In some countries it isn’t ie Sweden. But for the most part it is in fact illegal.

bit torrent isn’t illegal, downloading or uploading copyrighted material that you are not the legal owner of is illegal. By legal owner, I don’t mean you bought a copy of the movie, I mean the person that owns the copyright. If I understand right, it could even be a tv show that was broadcast and recorded and it would still be illegal (in the US anyway), as you do not have legal rights to distribute the show (even though it was broadcast over the air for free).

Not legal at any part :frowning:

[quote=mmelen;2103027]Not legal at any part :([/quote]Bittorrent protocol and clients are as illegal as HTTP and web browsers.

Go to tradersden.org and see a place that really polices themselves. They only allow “bootlegged” video and audio that is not copyrighted. In addition they also have broadcast stuff like the 2008 Japanese Police concert captured on DVR in perfect DVD quality. Any artist that wants to be removed from their site is removed. But I don’t know who has been; even Metallica is still there.

MAGNETTITE,
I agree with the others it’s not legal. There are alternatives
though if you have a region free player.Then you can search on
sites like amazon U.K. or something. Then you can buy it.
Good Luck
ZAP.