Is this burn useable?

I need your opinion.
Is it still worthwhile to keep this disc or should i throw it to the garbage.
It´s a Primeon DVD+R Lightscribe. The PIF count seems to be a little high …

The PIF count is SUPER high up to the 0.5 gb mark and it’s solid. The top PIF goes to 10 easily, just one level short of 12 (what one user considers too high on BenQ for an acceptable burn). The total PIF is actually less than what I’ve seen from CMC MAG M01 that I’ve burned in my 1640. Based solely on the PIF clumping and how bad it is (especially considering the jitter is borderline going too high), you don’t have any uncorrectable errors… I wouldn’t trust this to hold up over a long period of time. BUT with all that said, run a transfer rate test and if the curve is smooth when you run it, at least you have a readable disc. That’s the quick way to tell if you’ll have any read problems and if what you’ve burned is usable.

Does it play?

The disc should work in the real world.

For now.

But given my experiences with MBIPG101 R05 discs, I would suggest that if the contents of your burn are important, you should reburn them. Any DVD manufactured by Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (particularly an 8x speed) would be good for this purpose.

On the other hand, if 5 years down the road, you won’t really care if they don’t read anymore, the disc may be adequate.

[QUOTE=El_Coyote;2147755]I need your opinion.
Is it still worthwhile to keep this disc or should i throw it to the garbage.
It´s a Primeon DVD+R Lightscribe. The PIF count seems to be a little high …[/QUOTE]

What did you burn that with, the DW1620? Have you got any other drives?