Can anyone tell me if this disc is a TY or not.Below is what identifier copied

Also i noticed this codes on the dvd : GG000098 and 8F423B03191GG

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:TYG02]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Manufacturer ID : [TYG02]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4,489.3MB = 4.38GB (4.71GB)]

[ DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

I would guess yes. Are they Fujifillm? Cause on my Fuji I have similar numbers. :slight_smile:
GG000095 & AF423A03453GG

Hi PC-GUY and thanks for the fast reply

No these discs have no brand printed on them.Actually they have nothing printed on them. But i must say the results i got from nero cd-dvd speed are flawless.I hadn’t a coaster in 15 burns. I bought them for 0,70 euros (1 dollar) each in Greece. Is the price right or too expensive ?

For Europe that is about right. So are they just silvertops and were they sold as actual Taiyo Yuden discs? My actual TY discs from rima.com are the same way. TY discs do have a distinctive cake box (if you purchase them in bulk), also all of my spindles of TY come with a white warning label in multiple languages (warning about using 8x media in drives that aren’t designed with it). I don’t know if that helps any. As long as you aren’t picking up TY discs under a different label then you should be fine.

Usually but not always.

The last 2 spindles of TY media (“That’s” label so genuine) that I’ve bought have come in a standard cakebox rather than the distinctive cakebox normally used to package bulk TY media (and invariably used where TY media is sold under TDK or Fuji labels).

(Of course, if they’re “That’s” label and you buy them from a reputable supplier you don’t have to worry about whether or not they’re genuine in any case. :wink: )

T-Y DVD-R media with the GGxxxxxx code printed on the disc is the real thing. If it doesn’t have the GGxxxxxx code then it is not the real thing. (Note: This applies only to DVD-R.)