Is this a good quality duplicator?

vbimport

I found this duplicator at http://store.yahoo.com/meritline/cd-duplicator-liteon-drive-1-2.html and I wanted to know what the experts here think about it.

I just want to be able to back up all my personal CDs (one for the house and one for the truck) and put my originals in storage. A unit like this would fit my needs just fine.

Question is: is this a unit you guys would buy?
OR, is there something better out there I should be looking at…

If there is, please post a link so I can check it out.

Nobody has any ideas about the quality of this duplicator?

LiteOn makes good CD burners. Personally would just do it on my PC and save myself $400. Nero can run in the background just fine unless your PC is really old or you have tons of CDs.

Thanks for the reply, zazonz.

I do have alot of CDs to duplicate and it would be more convenient for me.
I don’t care about the money. That’s not an issue.

My PC is about 2 years old, with 2.2 Intel Processor, 1 gig of DDR RAM, but it only has 133mgz FSB so the RAM isn’t all that affective.

I’ll be getting a much faster machine soon, but I would still like to be able to duplicate CDs independantly of my PC for the best quality copy.

Nero can write to multiple recorders at the same time. Just have to make sure you are using the same drive with the same firmware. Two LiteOn cd burners is less than $60 on the internet. You could get a new Mobo help speed up the FSB although I think it will run fine as it is.

I don’t see how that particular model would be any faster than using your PC. If money isn’t an issue then you might want to look at one with a robotic arm. I guess the quality depends on the burners which I’d imagine you could replace. I don’t have one of these but I’m shopping around for an all-in-one DVD/CD duplicator and printer and I’ve seen ‘Meritline’ crop up a few times.