Is This a Good Buy For a CD Burner?

vbimport

http://www.tdk.com/cdburners/velocd52x.html
:slight_smile:

I can get this for $69 after $20 Rebate(I know Rebates do not always work out).I use TDK CDrs and never have had a problem with them and I hear TDK make good Burners.Have read good reviews on this drive and yes…the Blue Tray is cool…will admit.

Am replaceing a Yamaha 16x so 52x will save me alot of time.Hopefully this the last CD Burner I ever Buy.
I also hear that this is really a Lite ON with a TDK faceplate…are Lite Ons as good as People say?

I am mainly going to use this Drive for DATA Storage(MP3s).

I know what alot of people are going to say.Go get a DVD Burner…but right now I do not have the Cash to spend $200 or more on a good name brand DVD Burner and need to Burn some stuff right away.Plus I am waiting for faster Speeds and the technology to get better.

:slight_smile:

By the way…nice forum…hope to hear from somebody soon.:cool:

:confused: 44 times this thread has been looked at and no reply.Hmmmmmmmm.:confused:

Get a LiteOn from www.newegg.com for under $50 shipped. Unless you really want that fancy faceplate.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Get a LiteOn from www.newegg.com for under $50 shipped. Unless you really want that fancy faceplate.

That faceplate is nice…and it does come with a CD labeling pen.:stuck_out_tongue:

But will look at that site you provided…thanks.:slight_smile:

there are frequent deals for liteons coming in at $10-$15 after rebate at various retail stores, usually either for the 52246S or the 52327S.

Originally posted by AZImmortal
there are frequent deals for liteons coming in at $10-$15 after rebate at various retail stores, usually either for the 52246S or the 52327S.

That is cheap.Now where can I get one of them TDK Cases with the cool Blue Tray?:slight_smile:

Originally posted by MusicWorld
That is cheap.Now where can I get one of them TDK Cases with the cool Blue Tray?:slight_smile:

I believe that the “case” that you are talking about is the actual burner? :confused:

Originally posted by xtremeskier97
I believe that the “case” that you are talking about is the actual burner? :confused:

From what I have read…including threads on this forum.Is this is a LiteOn Burner with a TDK Plate.TDK just slaped their name on it.

But I can not find no LiteOn that are 52x 24x 48x…so really do not know.:confused:

It is a Lite-On LTR-52246S under the skin. TDK has a custom firmware that accounts for the speed difference.

cfitz

Frankly, I think the TDK firmware and gimmicks make the drive worth less, not more.