Is This A Good Burn

vbimport

Hello Everybody

Would like some input on this if you don’t mind, I Would like to know if this is a good burn or not all of my backup’s come out like this.
No problem with playback and the Quality of the picture and sound are great.

[IMG]

Tim

It seems that your drive is not supported to do scans.

Try to use latest version of cd-dvd speed (click on link to get it), but probably your drive is not supported at all :frowning:

Do you have another burner to put the disk in and run the test? My LG H22N won’t work with Speed either, so I tried running the test on my copy using my Lite-On and Boom, it worked. I got all the info I was looking for. Let us know ~ Mike

So I guess my HP 740e and 740b don’t scan :frowning:

What is the best burner that gives a good scan :confused:

Tim

If someone has some extra time to post, it would be nice to see what a good burn looks like in CD/DVD Speed.

Fred

Hi Fred,

Be glad to, but in a rush right now. Just an FYI, if you go on over to the
Optical Drives forum on cdf, you’ll find a variety of threads devoted to scans…both specific drives as well as more general stuff. When I get a chance, I"ll be glad to give you more specifics if you still need more info.

Hi ya’ll, wanted to let you know that I’m in the process of scanning a movie I just backed up ok. I’ll be back shortly with the results. I sure hope it’s good,LOL. Wouldn’t that be embarressing if it wasn’t good ? Oh well, be back soon. ~ Mike

Ok, I did a scan of Fly Boys. I believe this it a pretty good scan too. A 95 for Quality Score. When I went to school, 95 was a deciet score, LOL. Hope this helps you out.~Mike

If there’s anyone who can be more specific on what all of these tests and scores mean, I’d sure like to hear about it. I would like to learn more about this aspect of burning DVD’s. Thanks ~ Mike

If you can find one (and also afford it) a Plextor is a very good choice. A cheaper (but anyway very good) option is a liteon or a benq drive.

A lot of information is available here (read first sticky threads) :slight_smile:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

Also Tim, I’ve heard that besides being a great burner , the BenQ is also compatible with Speed. I read alot of posts where people scan their media with them. My scan above was done with a 4+ year old Lite-On that was giving me fits while I was using it to read & write my back-ups so these figures might be alittle suspect for accuracy. But we make do ya know, LOL. ~ Mike

Thanks geno888. That’ll be a big help. There’s nothing like knowledge ya know. And right, it’s Power. Thanks again ~ Mike

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

I moving this thread to the Media forum. I think is better suited there.:clap:

Isn’t the HP 740e a rebaged BenQ 1625?

I have a Sony DRU-800A and it works for scans and its also a good burner(for me anyway) and pretty cheap.

That I don’t know
all I know is using Nero cd-dvd speed I can do all the test on each Tab and get a result for each one But I was told that my burner or burners can;t scan
when I did the disc quality scan :confused:
but like I said

can do all the test on each Tab and get a result for each one :confused: :doh:

Tim