Is this a good burn? Help please

Unsure of all these tests and things, and how much does it really affect the readability of the disc a few years down the line?

This was ANV branded 8x -R SL media, MID is RITEKG05.

With stock firmware (2.16) I got this burn, but burned at 6x. Is this acceptable or should I be burning this media at say 4x?

I’ve also got a few other newbie questions if anyone could help me (and possibly others!):

1. Im going to be burning DVD-Video, can someone point me to a few tutorials of how to do this onto 1 -R or +R disc, which programs give the best results?

2. Because of #1, I’ll probably be looking to update the firmware to Herrie’s 2.17 so that in the future when I buy some +R discs I can set the book type to DVD-ROM. How exactly do I obtain this firmware, update it (Ive seen a couple posts giving 2-3 different methods of flashing it, which is the most reliable and easiest) and make use of the features - Which programs allow changing the bitsetting and how is this achieved?

3. If I’m burning video to DVD-R media, is Herrie’s 2.17 firmware really worth it? I say this because you can’t change the book type for -R’s (correct?) so would such a firmware just unlock the drive for faster dvd-ripping and recording?

4. For DVD Movie playback, which is more compatible -> DVD-R or DVD+R (bitset to DVD-ROM) Or are there other more favourable factors for using the +R media?

Cheers,

nige

It is a good scan, but it gives a better result when scanned at 4X not at max.
RitekG05 give very good results, about the other firmwares, just try it. :slight_smile:
I tried a few and i’m sticking to the TDK 2C8 fw at the moment.
Burned at 8X:

Im going to be burning DVD-Video, can someone point me to a few tutorials of how to do this onto 1 -R or +R disc, which programs give the best results?

Reed the guides here

Thanks for those tips, very much appreciated :slight_smile: