Is this a fake Verbatim BD-RE ? media code shows TDK!

vbimport

Hi all,

im a little worried, I bought online two BD-RE DL discs, the discs are white colored and on the outer edge there are words saying “verbatim BR-RE DL…”

see picture here:

When i used different programs to identify the disc, i was shocked, they all gave me a Media code id which belongs to TDK. It didn`t make any sense, since i saw some posts about BD-RE media with a verbatim media code id and not TDK.

would this be a fake disk? Is it possible that some BD-RE verbatim discs ever came with TDK ID?, to be hones, is there fake BD-RE 50gb media out in the market?

this is whats it shows:

Unique Disc Identifier : [BD-RE-DL:TDKBLD-Wfa-000]

Disc Type : [BD-RE DL : Class 0 - Version 2]
Manufacturer Name : [TDK Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [TDKBLD]
Media Type ID : [Wfa]
Product Revision : [000]
Stamper Date : [Not Present On Disc]
Layer Info : [2 Layers (L0-L1) : 25.03 GB (23.31 GiB) Per Layer]
Blank Disc Capacity : [24,438,784 Sectors = 50.05 GB (46.61 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.2.0 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

Can you make out the hub code(s) in the center/middle of the disc?

When and where did you buy them? Do they say what country they were made in on the packaging?

My wild guess is that it’s probably legit. Frankly, if you were going to fake Verbatim media why would you use a TDK MID?

Hi guys this is what i see in the center of the disc

FSWE 3E16CDBB 00425 JAAR

Its kind of hard to read but i think thats the code

I bought these to another person and i dont know how the package looked like

What do you think? Its weird that it looks like verbatim but mediacode says tdk

[QUOTE=zeldaWW;2705366]
What do you think? Its weird that it looks like verbatim but mediacode says tdk[/QUOTE]That’s actually rather normal. It’s happened for years like that. :slight_smile:

& the code you posted indicates you have genuine TDK (or made using TDK materials with TDK’s approval), branded for Verbatim.

You see, just because a disc has a certain brand, does not guarantee that the disc is made by that brand. This is an example of that.

It´s not a fake disk!

I had the same with a Verbatim BD-RE50, it was Verbatim branded and had a TDK Mediacode.:iagree:

awesome!
sp TDKBLD-Wfa-000 is a good media? for bluray players and ps3 ?
or wha do you recommend?