Is this a bug in new version of DVDRemake Pro?

I don’t know if I’m the only one facing the problem.

I’m facing getting the different result from a same project that worked with DVDRemakePro v3.5.3, and v3.6.1 ( samething happened for v3.6).

I wanted to combine two DVDs.
Normally, I prefer to author a new dummy DVD with a new Menu and etc in DVDlab PRO.
Then, I would import all 3 DVDs ( 2 DVDs that I wanted to combine and the new dummy DVD I created ) in DVDRemake Pro.
After that, I would copy the DVDs with the “Copy PGC” feature in DVDRemake Pro and paste them into the PGCs in dummy DVD with “Appended copied PGC”.
Last, I would edit whatever I like to and then export the DVD as final.

As long as the streams files in the dummy DVD I created same as those in the 2 other DVDs I wanted to combine, the whole process works great and promising.
But, started DVDRemake Pro v3.6, I’m facing the DVDRemake Pro prompted me a warning say that “Destination streams are different from streams used by appended program chain.”
At first, I thought I was messing up some of the streams in the dummy DVD I created.
So, the program warned me for that.
But, after I exams all the streams files in my dummy DVD.
They are the same streams used in the DVDs I wanted to combine.

After hours, I revert to DVDRemake Pro v3.5.3.
The same project work fine without any warnings.

Could this be a bug in the new version of DVDRemake Pro?
TQ

Below is the logs from the project for your reference.

V3.6.1
Importing DVD…
Read DVD from: I:\E05
Read VMG
Read VTS1

Importing DVD…
Read DVD from: I:\E06
Read VMG
Read VTS1
Append copied PGC >> Destination streams are different from streams used by appended program chain (721: DvdTreeViewPopUps.cpp)

V3.5.3
Importing DVD…
Read DVD from: I:\E05
Read VMG
Read VTS1

Importing DVD…
Read DVD from: I:\E06
Read VMG
Read VTS1

No, it is not a bug. It is added to alert the user that the stream attributes of destination PGC and append PGC are different. Double check it Audio/Subpicture Tracks panes.

Does this meant that I will get this alert everytime I append PGC into destination PGC even though their streams attributes are same?

If this is the case, why I didn’t get any alert in v3.5.3 for the same project, but in v3.6 onward?
I know that this alert will be prompted if the streams attributes are not matched, even in v3.5.3.

I’m using IFOEdit to check these attributes.
They are the same.
I’m getting the alert in v3.6, even if the no of blocks/cells in PGCs in these DVDs are same.

From what I understand, streams attributes mean
Video: NTSC/PAL, MPEG2/MPEG1, 720x480/720x576, Pan&Scan/Letterbox and etc
Audio: whether the file type is ac3/dts/mp2/wav and etc in each channel of all 8 channels
Subtitle: Coding mode and coding caption in each channel of all 32 channels.

TQ for your reply.

According to the changelog in 3.6: check streams and stream to track assignments for “append copied PGC”

You won’t get the warning if the stream attributes are the same.

Not in 3.5.3. Try copy a PGC with 1 stream and append it to the PGC with multiple streams like the movie and vice versa.

There must be something that you get the warning - could be something minuscule like Language, Description, number of channels, etc. attribute. e.g. English AC3 2-ch to Spanish 2-ch. Anyway, if you know it’s ok, then you can ignore the warning.

I think you’re right.
I tested.
The warning won’t be prompted only if only all the minuscule attributes of the PGC,like Language, description, and etc are the same for two DVDs.

[quote=hawk123;1780452]I think you’re right.
I tested.
The warning won’t be prompted only if only all the minuscule attributes of the PGC,like Language, description, and etc are the same for two DVDs.[/quote]

I guess he relaxed the code. Older versions would want if ANYTHING was different like 3.6x does.