Is There Anyway Possible?

vbimport

Hi All

Is there anyway possible that I can find out the name of a free program that I installed to convert vop (I think they were) files to mp3 files?

The thing is that I did a system restore to an earlier date and of course that program wasn’t on it then and now I can’t remember what it was called for the life of me, which is very frustrating :sad:

It was really good but all I can remember is I think that it was blue with yellow option files across the top and that you could convert 1 song or a whole folder at the same time. I know that it wasn’t media convert. I know that’s not any info at all to go on but if anyone can help I would REALLY appreciate it as it’s absolutely driving me MAD!!! :a

Any help at all would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

Look in the folder where you downloaded the original file

That’s just it I did a system restore to a date before I downloaded the file and so now it’s disappeared?

System restore does a restore of loaded programs by that date it does not delete folders that you downloaded into

Sorry if I’ve not understood you properly but when I converted the files I then deleted the one’s that I had converted from ie. the old files.

So will I still be able to see that information?

Is there anyway possible that I can find out the name of a free program that I installed to convert vop (I think they were) files to mp3 files?

I thought you were looking for the program that you used. If you downloaded it to your harddrive to install then it should still be there.

I am - now you know why I’m on the newbie forum :slight_smile:

I still can’t see it though - I don’t know what I’ve done then?

Can not think of any free convertors at this time. You can take a look at the download folder/ video converting and see if anything there jumps out.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Video-Converting-Software/

maybe someone else will stop by and know the program that you speak of.

Can also look in your C: and your C:/Documents and Settings folders and see if something there rings a bell.

It looks like (if I remember right) the prism video converter with the green cross and them the yellow folder with add folder next to it if that’s any help?

Sorry for being a complete plank!

[QUOTE=bean55;2175146]Can not think of any free convertors at this time. You can take a look at the download folder/ video converting and see if anything there jumps out.

http://www.cdfreaks.com/software/Video-Converting-Software/

maybe someone else will stop by and know the program that you speak of.

Can also look in your C: and your C:/Documents and Settings folders and see if something there rings a bell.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help and advice bean55 I will certainly have a look in the link you suggested and hopefully something will jump out and hit me!!!

That does seem to be a free convertor.
Heres the download link if you don’t have the download allready.

Just run the program again and you should be back in business.

Just read more it is limited after 14 days :

After 14 days limits conversion to avi, wmv only

That’s the one, that’s the one - you little beauty :bow:

Thank you soo much for that bean55 you’ve really made my day - or should I say night.

Thanks again you’re an angel.

:flower: :kiss:

Glad to have helped :iagree:

Happy computing :bigsmile:

heyyo bean55 the last line of your sig needs fixing?

[QUOTE=Bob;2175244]heyyo bean55 the last line of your sig needs fixing?[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bob

Was in a hurry when I tried adjusting it yesterday.