Is there anyway possible to copy any kind of cd on the plextor 24x like the liteon?

vbimport

#1

I mean isnt there a way possible? And why does plextor not fix this problem? Or is it really possible to copy sd 2.51 just that no one knows how to yet really? I do not think anything's impossible so i think thats have to be some way for the plextor 24x to get around it isnt there? Something that no one knows about?


#2

Why does the earth spin ?
Is there a god ?

Also some of life’s little mysteries.

Anyhoo ,

Plextor chose another technological path than Lite-On did. And surprisingly some things Plextor is better at and some other things Lite-On is better at. If you want the best of two worlds , buy them both.


#3

Lite on …what’s that? some kid toy…

There are Plextors and just burners.


#4

Originally posted by Greffel
[B]Lite on …what’s that? some kid toy…

There are Plextors and just burners. [/B]

So with a Lite-On you can burn cd’s and the Plextor?? Eat them?? So buy just a burner not such a expensive cd-killer as Plextors!!

Greetzzz,

Sauron


#5

Sauron - I think this is THE PLEXTOR FORUM not a Lite-on ? Do I’m wrong ?:confused:


#6

Originally posted by V@A
Sauron - I think this is THE PLEXTOR FORUM not a Lite-on ? Do I’m wrong ?:confused:

So on a Plextor-forum you are not allowed to give commentary??? Come on…

Greetzzz,

Sauron


#7

I have heard (one more time) than a perfect copy is possible without enabling any kind of option when reading with cloneCD( including fast skip error).Please if any tests it ad works post the result here!(for plex 24x of course).I will try it when available…


#8

well i wasn’t able to burn sd 2.51 xxx with old clonecd but with version 4 i was able to burn it successfully which works in other drives as well


#9

Originally posted by gianniz
well i wasn’t able to burn sd 2.51 xxx with old clonecd but with version 4 i was able to burn it successfully which works in other drives as well
Yes due to the ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ option…


#10

Hey Sauron,

So you thing Plextor Sucks and Lite-in rules. Plextor has a very good rputation and you see rather Plextor writers in companies and servers then Lite-on burners. Lite-on burners have a shorter life-time and the tray is very weak, but they are still a good alternative for Plexwriters. :wink:

Lite-on can’t read all Audio protections and Plextor does. SO!!! arsch!!!

I hate it when people think they have right all the time! :mad:


#11

So you can copy any cds you have right now no matter if it has SD 2.51 or whatever on the plextor 24x 10x 40x?
And how does the ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ option on CloneCD 4.0 beta make the plextor 24x 10x 40x beable to make perfect working SD 2.51 copies ? Why couldnt the last verion of Clone CD do it or did not have the ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ option? Was it the software that was causing the problem all this time?


#12

Originally posted by imtim83
So you can copy any cds you have right now no matter if it has SD 2.51 or whatever on the plextor 24x 10x 40x?

My Plex 40X can make backups of SD 2.51.021 that ONLY work in the Plexwriter, not other drives. Sometimes, depending on the game, the backup may work in my CD/DVD drive too. The ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ doesn’t do anything for me at all. However, backups of SD below 2.51.021 work on all drives.


#13

Originally posted by ploegercr
[B]Lite-on burners have a shorter life-time and the tray is very weak, but they are still a good alternative for Plexwriters. :wink:

Lite-on can’t read all Audio protections and Plextor does. SO!!! arsch!!![/B]

But Lite-On’'s are lower in price…AND it’s true that they can’t copy all audio protections (so that’s why I have a old Plextor in my PC next to my Lite-On…), but Plextor’s can’t burn savedisc2 protections (only some of the 24x)…

And I didn’t say that Plextor sucks…it only that Lite-On’s are just better…

Greetzzz,

Sauron