Is there anyway download a file that is embedded in an html page?

Is there anyway to download a file that is embedded in an html page ? I found some mp3 files I’d like to download but they are embedded in the page. When you click on the file link, the file starts to play (provided you have the quicktime plugin in this case). Is there anyway around this ?

Did you try ‘right mouse button (on link) => save target as’?

First, please use a more describing title for your question next time, “Is there anyway” is not telling anything about your problem/question and is very annoying

As to your problem, you might try either click with your right mouse button and save link as. Another possibility is to view the source of the page and look for the link to the file that is embedded.

If you find a link in the HTML source file, you can try loading that directly and then save the file, or use a download program to copy/paste the link in and have that program download the file for you.

i have tried right click “save as”, but it will only save the html file and not the mp3 file. I will try looking at the source code and try that route.
oh by the way mr. taxman, i will use whatever subject line I like. If you are annoyed & don’t like the way I word them, then don’t read the posts. What are you anyway ? The “subject line” police ?

i eat worms

Oooh, a little cocky are we? :slight_smile:
You see Da_Taxman is our official Evil Administrator of Search. He sets whatever subject he wants on your thread :bigsmile:

[/childish behaviour ;)]

solution found! when you have an mp3 file that is embedded in an html file, you can click on the file link to play. let the whole file download. after that go to your temporary internet files, then you can drag & drop the file wherever you want.
FYI- the mp3 section on kissonline.com is setup this way. All files are embedded in the html page. when you click the link to play the file, the quicktime plug in comes up.

What are you anyway ? The “subject line” police ?

Geeeze
TM, i thought you were actually being fairly gentle!:cop: I guess some folks just don’t like cops! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by drumbum25
oh by the way mr. taxman, i will use whatever subject line I like. If you are annoyed & don’t like the way I word them, then don’t read the posts. What are you anyway ? The “subject line” police ?

I guess you really don’t plan to stay here much longer, offending melike this. I’ll let my reputation speak for itself, but is not the kind of behaviour I tolerate. If you don’t respect the administration of this forum, you are not welcome here.

Originally posted by Airhead
He sets whatever subject he wants on your thread

That is not the only thing I can do on this forum…but apparently some people still have no clue who I am… shrug

What are you anyway ? The “subject line” police ?

In case you hadn’t already figured it out, that’s exactly what he is, amongst many other “evil” things (but only if you don’t observe the forum rules).

oh by the way mr. taxman, (…) What are you anyway ?

If you look around this forum a bit you would have noticed that Da_Taxman is one of the bosses around here, in charge of this forum mainly. He is the one who drew up the rules that apply to this forum, so a little (not too much :bigsmile:) respect is in place.

i eat worms

ROTFLMAO

all da taxman would have had to say was be a little more descriptive so folks understand what you are talking about. he didn’t have to say it was annoying.i didn’t think my subject line was annoying. I think it makes more people curious. but that’s me :bow:

he didn’t have to say it was annoying

Writing a good thread subject is important if you want to get an answer. Most people are browsing the forum, and if they see a subject that they are familiar with they’ll check it out. The forum admins and mods are charged with trying to keep the forums running smoothly, and part of that task is making sure that subjects are appropriate. The subject line: “How do you…” says nothing except that the author is a newbie. Most people will ignore it. It’s annoying to have to go into the thread to figure out what it’s about.
The best subject line is one that states what your problem is. Then someone who is browsing will see it and know if they can be of help, or if it is of any interest. Or maybe someone with the same problem will see it. Get it?

drumbum25

Some of the “subject line police” are obsessed with their “position” on this board. Basically if a subject line is undescriptive, it hurts only the poster since it may reduce viewers.

On the subject of “annoying”, some of the most annoying people on this board are moderators or administrators. See Most annoying thing about Moderators / Administrators. :bigsmile:

Back to HTML,I was on Yahoo on the video site and typed in Christmas.A video came up on a El Paso,Texas home that was decorated with lights and also the landscape.The lights would flash with music (trans siberian orchestra).I tried to copy this using save target as.I copied to a DVD and came up with the error message,Unexpected file format.Any help would be appreciated as I love christmas videos.Thanks

[QUOTE=drac484;1937427]Back to HTML,I was on Yahoo on the video site and typed in Christmas.A video came up on a El Paso,Texas home that was decorated with lights and also the landscape.The lights would flash with music (trans siberian orchestra).I tried to copy this using save target as.I copied to a DVD and came up with the error message,Unexpected file format.Any help would be appreciated as I love christmas videos.Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you are using FireFox then there are excellent “add-on’s” to do just that…download embedded items.

I use the appropriately named “Download Embedded” @:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1993

However there are others I have not tried there that do about the same thing. Just do abit of searching at the Mozilla site.

One hint…if you are using “Download Embedded” sometimes you have to download more than the one obvious one. But the program give’s you the option to download all , one or two , etc.