IS there anything else as good as Alcohol for ripping?

I’m curious if there are any other programs that rip protected games with DPM etc to MDS/MDF as good as Alcohol.

[QUOTE=Viper187;2232797]I’m curious if there are any other programs that rip protected games with DPM etc to MDS/MDF as good as Alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your using the correct term rip protected game instead would be to copy protected game?? And considering the different type of protection I have yet to find a software that will allow one to copy protected games one owns and use that instead of the original game cd. The software I know only emulates the game cd so far or mounts a image of the cd to play.

My brother has [B]Oblivion[/B]…he and his 12 year old son played it all the time, so when I was visiting him last year he asked if I could make a back-up for them to use in case the original got damaged.
I don´t have any idea what protection it had, but I assume it had something since it´s not exactly a really old game.

I used Clone CD (look it up…it copies nearly anything including DVDs)…the copy worked perfectly.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2233564]Are you sure your using the correct term rip protected game instead would be to copy protected game?? And considering the different type of protection I have yet to find a software that will allow one to copy protected games one owns and use that instead of the original game cd. The software I know only emulates the game cd so far or mounts a image of the cd to play.[/QUOTE]

I keep the disc images on my HDD to play using Daemon tools, hence “Rip” not “Copy”. I want perfect 1:1 images. I don’t like running into buggy noCD cracks and such. Something about Alcohol that always annoyed me was its “applying virtual device settings” for like 30 seconds every time I open it even though I don’t have or want any alcohol drives. I use Daemon.

@Viper187
The only one creating MDS/MDF i know of is DAEMON Tools Pro Standard/Advanced.

@deanimator
Oblivion only has a simple DVD check which makes it copyable with every burning app.