Is there any way to make a backup of the backup so that it will play on other players

I made some backup dvd’s of my movies and put the originals in storage. I just discovered that they only play on one dvd player in my house and not the others. Is there any way to make a backup of the backup so that it will play on my other players, or will I have to dig out my originals and do a remake? I’m not sure what information you need, I’m using Nero 7.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You don’t need to reuse originals if you don’t want to modify your backup (for example adding some extras that you previously excluded).

Simply rip the backup on your HD and burn on another disc.

Ahhh, makes sense. Thank you! I guess I was making something simple much more complicated than I needed to do. Much appreciated.

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Burning another copy won’t make it play in your other players, however.

The best place to start for info on picky standalone players is www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers, see if others have had luck playing recordable media in them or if it just won’t be possible.

One (out of three) of my DVD players won’t even look at DVD+R’s unless they’ve been bitset so that they have a booktype of DVD-ROM. Something to keep in mind as you test various media and player combinations.

Colin