Is there any programs put there that will split an mpeg 3 format into DVD?

hi, i’m new and have just got nero v6.

I understand that i need three file formats to burn a dvd video, something lik bup, ifo and vob, or something like that.
Anyway, is there any programs put there that will split an mpeg 3 format into these 3 required files?

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I am assuming by Mpeg3 you mean Mpeg2 since video files are usually in mpeg2 and Mpeg3 is for audio only.

I have taken serveral Mpg video files and made DVD’s out of them. What you need to do is convert the mpg video files into a VOB standard file. To do this you will need a video converter, I used the Xilisoft Video converter and it worked great. Once you have the *.VOB file open Nero and create a “video DVD” and pull in your VOB file into the Video_TS directory. Then burn the disc, thats it.

This will burn a DVD and will start to play the movie/clip when you put in the disc. If you want to create Menus, Scenes, chapters then you will need a package like DVDLAB, but if all you want to do is create a DVD it should be pretty easy.

i want to know how to convert a mpeg3 movie i downloaded to vcd or dvd so that i can watch it through a normal stand alone dvd/vcd player…please help