Is There a Way to Copy 5600 DVDs?

Hi,

I’ve copied a bunch of home videos from tape to a DVD using my 5600. I was hoping I’d be able to make DVD copies for family members. I was able to copy the files off the 5600-burned DVD onto my computer and then view them on the computer, but when I then burn a new DVD off of the computer files, none of my DVD players will play the DVD. Instead, I get an error message.

Is there a way to make copies of a DVD created using a 5600 DVD burner?

Thanks!

Bill

For my LVW5005, I rip the disc in file mode with DVD Decrypter, run VTS_01 through IFOEdit with strip VOB IDs marked, but keep all VOB IDs, then run through DVD Shrink with 0% compression, and the resulting files burn ok with Nero and work on my standalone players. Trying to open the files directly from the DVD in IFOEdit or DVD Shrink results in an error, and trying to open the output from DVD Decrypter in DVD Shrink without first running it through IFOEdit gives an error.

The problem appears to be that the recorder records in DVD +VR format, while out favourite utilities are designed to work with DVD Video format.

Anybody found a (preferrably freeware) one step util to convert DVD +VR to DVD Video?

dentman42,

Wow, that’s quite a process you describe. I’d be willing to use it but would need more details on each step.

Especially, could you elaborate on “I rip the disc in file mode with DVD Decrypter, run VTS_01 through IFOEdit with strip VOB IDs marked, but keep all VOB IDs, then run through DVD Shrink with 0% compression”? Is “DVD Decryper” a program you purchased? And what is “IFOEdit?” And I’m afraid that “with strip VOB IDs marked, but keep all VOB IDs” is Greek to me.

Thanks,
Bill

Found a simple solution. I used Roxio Disc Copier Version 6.1.1.7 to make a copy of the finalized Lite-on Disc. Worked fine.

Bill

DVD Decrypter, IFOEdit and DVD Shrink are all freeware. If you still want, I’ll post more detailed instructions. Using ISO mode in DVD Decrypter may work, but would result in a +VR copy, and for compatibility I prefer to convert to DVD Video.