Is there a way to back up my DVD "faces" using lightscribe?

vbimport

by “faces” I mean make my back up look exactly like the original? I was sitting here thinking that would be really cool if i could do this. I am not sure how I could but thought maybe some of the wise members of the forum would know. I have a Lite On lightscribe DVD burner and a LG Blu Ray lightscribe burner, so I’d like to use the lightscribe feature. I’ve never used lightscribe before. Are any lightscribe writing programs out there free? I’m looking to use this feature and need to find something better than the standard stuff that came with it.

I’m not sure I understand your question, but there are two free LightScribe labeling programs available from the official LightScribe site:

LightScribe Simple Labeler

LightScribe Template Labeler

You will also need to install the LightScribe System Software (a.k.a. driver) if you haven’t already done so.

There’s also a SureThing 4 SE LightScribe Edition you can download here.

I’ll try those two links out. Thanks. My questions is, is it possible to back up the DVD “label” from the original disc and lightscribe it onto the back up…meaning can I lightscribe my back up disc to look exactly as the original disc does

You would need a scanner to scan your original disc label to an image file, or download the disc label from the Internet somewhere (e.g. cdcovers.cc)

Since the hub area of LightScribe discs is larger than for other discs, there will be an area around the center which cannot be LightScribed.

The LightScribe label will of course be a single colour on a fixed background colour (e.g. black on a sepia background).

[quote=DrageMester;2130991]You would need a scanner to scan your original disc label to an image file, or download the disc label from the Internet somewhere (e.g. cdcovers.cc)

Since the hub area of LightScribe discs is larger than for other discs, there will be an area around the center which cannot be LightScribed.

The LightScribe label will of course be a single colour on a fixed background colour (e.g. black on a sepia background).[/quote]

I have a scanner. So it would be close to the original then, thats cool. I have but one more question, when you say lightscribe discs, do you mean a certain kind of disc? I was really hoping to use lightscribe on my Verb. discs

To use LightScribe, you have to have LightScribe discs & the appropriate LightScribe-capable software and hardware.

General idea: these discs are specially made so you can burn the label to the top [label side] of the disc using a LightScribe-capable drive, and burn the data to the disc using any burner capable of burning normal media.

This is not the same thing as LabelFlash, so make sure not to confuse the two.

Check out www.lightscribe.com for more information on LightScribe–specifically, the getting started portion.

[quote=Albert;2131005]To use LightScribe, you have to have LightScribe discs & the appropriate LightScribe-capable software and hardware.

General idea: these discs are specially made so you can burn the label to the top [label side] of the disc using a LightScribe-capable drive, and burn the data to the disc using any burner capable of burning normal media.

This is not the same thing as LabelFlash, so make sure not to confuse the two.

Check out www.lightscribe.com for more information on LightScribe–specifically, the getting started portion.[/quote]

Are these lightscribe discs made only by lightscribe or do companies like Verbaitum make lightscribe friendly discs as well?

[quote=jaewest1;2131066]Are these lightscribe discs made only by lightscribe or do companies like Verbaitum make lightscribe friendly discs as well?[/quote] Several brands including Verbatim sell LightScribe CD-R, DVD-R and DVD+R media.

See also: the Find Products section of the LightScribe site. :wink: