Hi,
I keep reading about daemon tools. What is it, What’s it good for,
how do I use it?
Thanx,
Jeff in LA, :bigsmile:

In wich language?

English, Please. Thank yo for your reply.’
:bigsmile:

DAEMON Tools is an advanced application for multiprotection emulation. It is further development of Generic Safedisc emulator and incorporates all its features.

This program allows running BACKUP copies of SafeDisc (C-Dilla), Securom or Laserlock protected games. Also included is a Virtual CDROM drive (V386 PHANTOM CDROM) enabling you to use your CD images as if they were already burned to CD!

DAEMON Tools works under Windows9x/ME/NT/2000 with all types of CDROM drives (IDE/SCSI) and supports nearly any CD protection. :wink:

Now I’m really confused. If I can make perfect backups with my liteon 24102b and using CloneCD, Nero +Scout or clony what good is it too me???

Thanx for taking the to answer:bow:

nope

Daemon-Tools => virtual cdrom + copyprotection-emulation.

If you don’t need a virtual cdrom and you have a writer which does all copy-protections, then Daemon-Tools is no real use for you…

So in your case, you need it if you want to play a backup of a Tages protected image or a backup of a Protectcd protected image…

Thank you for your reply, Upp3rd0G
I’ am very grateful to this forum. It is where I learned the skillz to back up the software when I need to, and find the help I need when I can’t. I’m disabled on a limted budget even so, I’ve make a $5-us contribution and challange others to do the same. If you use this forum and have the means and don’t, You are a “LEACH!”
Thank you again for all the help,
Jeff in LA,Ca.USA.
:bow:

Daemon-Tools is also a useful thing to use to test the CloneCD image that you have just made. If you turn off all emulation features, mount the image and run the game with the ‘play’ image mounted you can see if the protection has been read correctly. If you need to turn on the emulation functions to get the game to run then the image you have is not correct.

If you use CloneCD for backing up games then you could also use DT to mount the image instead of burning it back to CD. Increasing the access speed to the CD based items that the game needs without spending money on a blank CD or risking the precious original in the drive.

Orinoco,
Thank you for your reply.
Jeff in LA.

You can also load DVD images.
You can test e.g. a DVD Maestro build simply in mounting it with daemon tools instead of writing it to a dvd-rw, which would take time…

So basically Dameon tools can play the iso on your harddrive. I have a question then, my cd-rom drive is not compatible with Diablo 2 Expansion. I have installed the game on my cpu but when it comes time to work it doesn’t. So if I read the D2X image to my harddrive and used the dameon tool would i be able to play the game

Hi,

I Downloaded a ISO image from the internet. How do I convert the file so I can burn it to cd? I tried just using Nero 5x and it just gave a copy of the ISO image, Doh!
Thanx for your time,
Jeff in LA.:bow:

Easy cd creator, Nero, CDR-Win, DiskJuggler, Fireburner ect…:smiley:
You also can unpack the image 2 your HD and burn it then on a cd-r as data with Nero.

Originally posted by glazenuts
[B]Hi,

I Downloaded a ISO image from the internet. How do I convert the file so I can burn it to cd? I tried just using Nero 5x and it just gave a copy of the ISO image, Doh!
Thanx for your time,
Jeff in LA.:bow: [/B]

You burned it as data…
Just close the wizard with all burning options,and choose “burn image”,point nero to where the file is located,load and burn…:bigsmile:

Downloaded a ISO image from the internet. How do I convert the file so I can burn it to cd?

One more thing that can do daemon is :

Mount an image and then use your favorite software make a copy of the monted image (from the virtual cd) .

Daemon act as an image converter

By The way you can get a user manual here :
www.daemon-tools.com

Olivier

Originally posted by roadworker
[B]

You burned it as data…
Just close the wizard with all burning options,and choose “burn image”,point nero to where the file is located,load and burn…:bigsmile: [/B]

Roadworker,
You are the man. Worked like a charm. Though I do have a couple of more questions, one about nero 5x(5.5.8.0). Why does the write method revert to TAO, after every burn? Is that the Default, and you have to select DAO, DAO+96 everytime? How do I make and “ISO image”, If the disk is “Protected” will I have problems???
Many thanks
Jeff in LA…:bow:

[B]Hi,

I Downloaded a ISO image from the internet. [/B]
You can d/l many legitimate ISO images from the net. Please make sure you talk about these (eg LINUX) and not warez (pirated games)

I Downloaded a ISO image from the internet…

Well, you could mount it in DTools and read it from there…

:bigsmile:

hey, im a noob to this daemon tool, i just downloaded GTA SA in.iso form, how do i get to play it from there. i tried mounting it to daemon tool but nothing happens!! plz reply to this