Is there a program to clean clonecd registry entries? I still do not see AWS in US

vbimport

Why would I need this you ask...well when I installed clonecd 4.0.1.3...and I am in the US..I still do not see the greyed box for AWS unchecked...

I actually checked my .ccp files and found AWS to be on in GameCD profile and I think DataCD profile...so changed the AWS setting via notepad to 0 from 1.....

But I am concerned that when clonecd is updated this is getting reactivated....would it be best to just do a complete uninstall and reboot and reinstall....I did this when I installed 4.0.1.3 but still have the issue...I even installed with Canada settings so I could manual turnoff AWS and the rebooted and switched back to US and rebooted.....I only found the issue by accident since I use custom profiles...

I check ed the .ccp files to see if all was well....this is a real concern since I use a Liteon 24102B and previous versions of clonecd 4 have made poor SD2 2.51 backups because the AWS was inadvertently on....

Have not reburned and tested a SD2.51 since I went to clonecd 4.0.1.3

there are those who tell us there is a way…they speak of tool with great inherent ability…they call it “The Crack” and say it can effortlessly solve your problem and save you against the tyranny of the evil “Laws”…but is this just a rumor…or is it true ?

AWS isnt supposed to be an issue with the latest release of clone, and 2 dot writers.

sorry to post back so quick, but please keep it on topic spacegrass…i dont see how that was helpful…at all…

regedit works fine. I think it’s in Local Machine - Software - Elaborate Bytes - CloneCD.

I’m at a mac right now, so I can’t be sure.

Here is the problem…AWS enabled on Liteon can lead to bad or poor backup…clonecd 4.0.1.3 was supposed to keep AWS off in US install…but did not in my case and I assumed it was because of a left behind registry…I hate to rummage throught the registry if there is a tool…I have many times before and every once in awhile I screw something up in there…

i doubt its a registry thing, i just changed my regional settings in the control panel, and i could use AWS. i change them back, and i cant. make sure you are in the US and not canada :wink:

I do not want AWS…my point is being missed…Olli stated that in the US install you should see the AWS box but it will be greyed and unchecked…this not the case for me so I suspect therre is a left over registry file maybe from previous version

Check your Private Messages nealh !

thanks G@m3fr3@k

Originally posted by nealh
I do not want AWS…my point is being missed…Olli stated that in the US install you should see the AWS box but it will be greyed and unchecked…this not the case for me so I suspect therre is a left over registry file maybe from previous version

No, you won’t see it. But you’ll see “Amplify Weak Sectors: No” in the Logbook.

However, you may want to use this tool:

http://www.geocities.com/pcp-freak/4cdfreaks/unlocker.html

well I was completely wrong…I am gald about that …means clonecd 4013 was probably fine and I was too stupid…

thanks again Olli