Is there a part code for the Acer Aspire 5920 Keyboard?

[qanda]This thread is about the Acer Aspire 5920. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Well, i kind of spilled coffee on my laptop, so my keyboard is not so good, so to say. I tried to wash it, and then i dried it, and then washed it again, and again, and now it finally works properly, but some of the keys are broken now, and maybe even some sensors are nor working so well right now. So i was wondering if there was a part code or something, so that i can buy a new keyboard. Someone told me there should be, but they didn’t tell me where i can find that. So I would be really grateful if you could help me. Thanks a lot.

Contact Acer support, good luck.

I recently had a similar issue with a Toshiba laptop, but where someone spilt orange juice on the keyboard. On the Toshiba keyboard, the model # was written underneath the keyboard.

However, when it came to ordering a replacement, I just looked for an online store selling replacement laptop parts and the way I got the replacement was by selecting the laptop model # on the website and the country (e.g. US keyboard is different to UK keyboard.) If I recall right, I purchased it from Laptop Bits (link). If you are based in the US, you should have no problem finding an online seller as I remember I kept coming across one after another which stocked the keyboard, but only shipped to within the US.

Thanks. I’m actually based in Romania, but i have someone who told me he can order the part, i just had to check for the # … so i guess i’ll have to “do an open heart surgery” to my laptop to check for it. Thanks again.