Is there a 'new' SecuROM *new*?

vbimport

Is there a 'new' SecuROM new? Games suspected are

[li]Warcraft III[*]Never Winter Nights
...perhaps, perhaps not. Olli first talked about a SafeDisc and SecuROM bug, not long ago Olli & Bugs, I think it was v4.0.1.3
[/li]
nealh brought up some concerns he found in the Liteon forum in early June. Olli admitted the problem but could not reproduce it in his labs, nor could Sven the elby Test Horse'. I don't think NBR has a working copy yet!

I recently checked my AvP2 ccd file and found the bug error. This post shows how correct entries should look and down further, you'll see the buggy entries. You can examine your .ccd files to see if they're OK before you write. You should also mount the image in Daemon Tools and run the game without emulation and see what happens :wink:

Here's my working NWN #3 .ccd entry

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

here's my working WCIII entry (litey DVD-ROM, ASUS CD-RW & Toshi 1202, 1402)
[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

A Liteon burner read looks the same so the problem is different

Here's my non-working AvP2 #2

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0 bzzzzzzttttttt! wrong!

Cossacks, which works, looks the same as my bad AvP2 entries

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=0

I did Diablo II & AvP2 again and got an OK result

So, there may be two but possibly related issues. If you get the PreGapSubC=0 error, it's the Hide CD-R Media bug. Even if you get the correct PreGapSubC=1 entry, try the image in D-Tools first to confirm RAW-ness.

A lot of Liteys are not affected by the Hide Bug or the suspected new SeuROM new, if you're not, you must feel as good as a Plex 24 or 40 owner who can beat MOHAA!

Unlike SD2, where the trick is in the write, the new SecuROM new trick is in the read. Most subs capable readers are still doing OK, so if your writer or reader can do a RAW image, fine...nothing's changed. If your Liteon can produce a RAW image, fine...nothing's changed for you. Affected Liteon & other brand owners should consider a Liteon LTD-163 or 165 as a reader (particularly Aussies & K1W1s) whereas American Continent, Sub Continent, Asian and Euro owners should still be able to get a Toshiba SD-M1402 (badged as a Guillemot, too!) which is superior to the 1502 as reader.

Don't forget to update to Daemon Tools v3.16 which has eliminated blacklisting to date.

Hi there i’m testing wc3 with asus32 burner(my friends) with clonecd3341.Used both for reading and writing. Installing ok.hide cdr media on. does not work!

Ok the backup copy of wc3 works in my toshiba drive so Asus32 is still ok for securom new^2 as reader and writer but not to play backup!

Ok futureproof…here in spain we ‘re very afraid with Etherlords with seems to have the same securom “new” warcraft and neverwinter have. We’ ve been testing on plextor 24x devices and there is curious results…

1. If you read with the plex with cloneCD reading AUDIO subchannel data…image is bad and do not work with daemons (last version). In the other way if you read it without AUDIO subchannel data…image works…¿?¿¿?

2.- If you read with blindsuite…image sometimes worlks sometimes not…?¿¿??¿?¿¿?¿?

3.- If you read with Fantom CD at low speed…image always works…( .ccd format)…ok…

4.- This is the anoying part…no matter the program you use… when burning with the plexy (fw 1.04) result is ALWAYS in a coaster…copy do not work ( repairing and not repairing subchannel data).

We think is a plextor writing bug with cloneCD.
If the good image is scanned…then some “no valid head-sectors” are found but when reading the writing log of cloneCD,it shows it had written ONLY ONE!!!

Then…somebody knows what’s going on?

Thanks!

Ok what i think now is that newest securom is a mix from “securom new”(before wc3) and key2audio.

For latest update on WCIII, NWN and, probably the Spanish version of Etherlords seeHERE

Thanks! I’m gonna have some more info tomorrow about the wc3 disc by someone i know.

i have made copys of Warcraft III, Never Winter Nights using my Plex 24x and CloneCd 3.3.4.1
both games work fine.
haven’t run into any problems yet, only games that won’t copy properly with my Plex 24x are the new SD2.
i just use my Lite-On 24x for new SD2.

@ futureproof

well mine looks like this and it DONT work

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

i tried to copy d2 lod with the newest clone cd (4.0.1.9)
DONT WORK!!! (tried multiple settings)

CD MATE (newest version) works perfect at max read and write speeds.
all i do is click tha wizard and pick securom 1/2 setting and then read it.

WORKS PERFECT!!!

I came to the conclusion that clone cd dont like my lite-on 24102b drive (made on dec 2001 shipped with 5s54 firmware)

i currently have 5S5A on my lite-on 24102b drive.

also like i said many times before, that backup copy that i tried to copy with clone cd DONT work!!! but, with cd mate at max read and write speed works perfect :slight_smile:

also when i read that backup with clone cd and used it on deamon tools it works!!! but when i write it is when it screws up

p.s. all of this stuff above is read and write with lite-on 24102b

Originally posted by NBR
[B]@ futureproof

well mine looks like this and it DONT work

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1[/B]
Which game is this from? dII? You & numpty previously reported PreGapSubC=0 so the problem is not the Hide CD-R Media bug. Please make certain that the image is RAW (or not) by checking that the D-Tools icon is red when playing. Stay in touch.

NBR, you’ve always had trouble with securerom new and clonecd but have succeeded with cdmate. I, on the other hand haven’t had any trouble with clone but have never been able to get a working copy with cdmate. The vageries of individual writers, I guess.

However, if you want to try again with clonecd, try this profile:
“Read: read subchannel data from data tracks, regenerate data sectors, everything else off.
Write: always close last session, everything else off.”

That profile should work for any securerom new cd with the Ltr-24102B (even the new new version on NWN and WCIII) but then again, in your case, maybe not, as your results have never been typical for this writer.:wink:

Correct me if I am wrong but if the cd has Securom protection on it, arent these files supposed to be somewhere on the cd or on your system when the game is installed:

CMS16.DLL, CMS_95.DLL or CMS_NT.DLL

I have looked for all the above files and cannot find it anywhere. I read somewhere on this forum that the Australian copy is not protected is that true???

BTW these files, are they on the older Securom and not the new securom that nwn uses.

Also I have installed NWN using Daemon Tools and the game runs perfect…so far.

Thanks

Originally posted by alamski
[B]Correct me if I am wrong but if the cd has Securom protection on it, arent these files supposed to be somewhere on the cd or on your system when the game is installed:

CMS16.DLL, CMS_95.DLL or CMS_NT.DLL

I have looked for all the above files and cannot find it anywhere. I read somewhere on this forum that the Australian copy is not protected is that true???

BTW these files, are they on the older Securom and not the new securom that nwn uses.
[/B]

Consider yourself corrected and severely chastised to boot:p .LOL.

CMS16.DLL, CMS_95.DLL or CMS_NT.DLL are all files installed by the original securerom not securerom new (or the new securerom new).

Further, if you read that the Australian version of either NWN or WCIII is unprotected, it certainly isn’t true. Both are protected by the nasty new improved version of securerom new.

Originally posted by FutureProof
Which game is this from? dII? You & numpty previously reported PreGapSubC=0 so the problem is not the Hide CD-R Media bug. Please make certain that the image is RAW (or not) by checking that the D-Tools icon is red when playing. Stay in touch.

yes it is RED when i am playing it!!! (Diablo 2 LOD)

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

i read this image using default clone cd settings (game profile)

i have no problems to back up NWN and WC III with my toshiba ´sd-m1502 and my lite on 24103s.
only problem i got are the german games hotel gigant, industire gigant 2 and arx fatalis. they are all protectet by securom. i don´t know where the problem is, because i am using always the same settings. like i said, no probs with WCIII and NVN but probs with the others. i hope olli will fix this shit :wink:

I upgraded to a Plextor 40x internal, I have the latest version of Clone CD can someone post some help on backing up Warcraft 3. I would grealty apperciate it.

Originally posted by NBR
[B]

yes it is RED when i am playing it!!! (Diablo 2 LOD)

[Session 1]
PreGapMode=1
PreGapSubC=1

i read this image using default clone cd settings (game profile) [/B]
OK. Use v4.0.1.9 and read with data subs & “Regenerate…”; see what happens

Originally posted by Morglum007

3.- If you read with Fantom CD at low speed…image always works…( .ccd format)…ok…

Fantom CD 1.2.1 (Build 1810) is blacklisted by WCIII

Originally posted by FutureProof
OK. Use v4.0.1.9 and read with data subs & “Regenerate…”; see what happens

already tried that to :slight_smile: DONT WORK!!!
Unless they do something to clone cd odds are it will never work with my lite-on 24102b drive when making a backup of a backup when a game uses securom or securom new.

Originally posted by philamber
[B]NBR, you’ve always had trouble with securerom new and clonecd but have succeeded with cdmate. I, on the other hand haven’t had any trouble with clone but have never been able to get a working copy with cdmate. The vageries of individual writers, I guess.

However, if you want to try again with clonecd, try this profile:
“Read: read subchannel data from data tracks, regenerate data sectors, everything else off.
Write: always close last session, everything else off.”

That profile should work for any securerom new cd with the Ltr-24102B (even the new new version on NWN and WCIII) but then again, in your case, maybe not, as your results have never been typical for this writer.:wink: [/B]

when you tried to make a copy of a securom new game using clone cd and lite-on did you read it with securom 1/2 profile?