Is there a mainboard manufacturer to avoid?

vbimport

I was wondering, until now I’ve mainly bought Asus mainboards and so far they’ve all been great, but are there any mainboard brands you should keep your hands off?!

I don’t think there are any I would avoid but 4 brands seem to make all the news for good reasons.
Asus GigaByte Asrock and MSI
The only bad board I ever had was an Asus P5K and that was a piece of junk
I use mainly Asus boards now and they are all very solid

As of the last couple of years, Asus only here. I’ve never had an issue with one. Have had some small problems with MSI, but still recommend them. I wouldn’t hesitate to get GigaByte either.

[QUOTE=ZDVP;2658056]As of the last couple of years, Asus only here. I’ve never had an issue with one. Have had some small problems with MSI, but still recommend them. I wouldn’t hesitate to get GigaByte either.[/QUOTE]

I second the knock on MSI… I think they run into some QC problems from time to time… just having a mobo post in QC is not enough… diagnostics should go further in QC.

For the current chips (primarily intel), I’d probably try Asus, or the lesser brand ASRock mobo’s… they both have comparable features, with ASRock being the generic version at comparably lower prices. For an AMD system, I’d probalby go with the cheapest mobo that has the featurs you want… just make sure it all WORKS when you set it up… and I mean ALL features… because somewhere down the line, you could find some bios features like temperature reporting, overclocking control, or other power saving features either don’t work or stop working… like on my MSI mobo.