Is there a list of DVD Rip programs available?

vbimport

I try to find more program to rip the DVD and hope that here someones can help by listing the programs they know of that rip the DVD without failing.

I know there is AnyDVD and DVDFab, but are those only the two that are updated and can rip the DVD?

Thank you for help please

A very exhaustive list can be found here.

The ones you mentioned, however, are the most diffused (and frequently updated) :slight_smile:

BTW, many DVDs can still be ripped with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter, even if these tools are not more updated by years

[QUOTE=geno888;2112628]A very exhaustive list can be found here.

The ones you mentioned, however, are the most diffused (and frequently updated) :slight_smile:

BTW, many DVDs can still be ripped with DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter, even if these tools are not more updated by years[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I do not know diffused. Could you explain meaning please?

Thank you

I found smaller list of 11 programs they have up in a section:

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/decrypters-dvd-rippers

I’ll read on big list and try downloads of trial version to rip and see if they work. I want to learn more ways of how to rip. I can not afford to buy AnyDVD at $100 in United States dollars and there is only the single free one that I know is updated so if I find other programs in case the one that is free is not available any more, I will still be able to rip.

Thank you

oops, sorry, I mean that AnyDVD and DVDFab are the most famous, i.e. that probably are the most used tools among users in the world :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Sub Zero;2112632]I can not afford to buy AnyDVD at $100 in United States dollars and there is only the single free one that I know is updated so if I find other programs in case the one that is free is not available any more, I will still be able to rip.
[/QUOTE]

Then you can use DVDFab Decrypter, that is free and frequently updated :slight_smile:

Bear in mind, however, that many titles can still be ripped with the free DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink (both still works in many titles even if not more developed) :slight_smile:

Ripit4me with Dvd shrink to compress is still used today…

Although I mainly use Dvd Fab I sometimes get bored with the 1 click rip/compress/burn and will use ripit4me followed by shrink and burn with Imageburn.

Unless the movie is a Sony disk with Arccos protection,
ripit usually will work fine and it’s quick.
[it actually uses dvd decryter as part of the process…

Thanks again for replies

Free: DVD Decrypter, DVDFab HD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink

Pay: AnyDVD and DVDFab

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2113265]Free: DVD Decrypter, DVDFab HD Decrypter, and DVD Shrink

Pay: AnyDVD and DVDFab[/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I like DVD Shrink much and think I did not know to use it for ripping, only for shrink and reauthor. I will learn and test it to rip also.

Thank you

when you decide that AnyDVD is worth the $49 USD price, your options for ripping programs is almost endless. :slight_smile:

also AnyDVD is generally not used for ripping, but for on-the-fly decrypting.

Ummm E49 Troy :smiley:

Regards

I’m still using the old program SmartRipper and have yet to find a DVD it can’t rip. Maybe I’ve just been lucky not to get one with a newer copy protection format. It needs an ASPI layer installed to work properly.

[QUOTE=larc919;2121474]I’m still using the old program SmartRipper and have yet to find a DVD it can’t rip. Maybe I’ve just been lucky not to get one with a newer copy protection format. It needs an ASPI layer installed to work properly.[/QUOTE]

You’ve been incredibly lucky.

I’m not remotely doubting you but I can’t believe you haven’t come across any discs with the newer protections.

Perhaps it’s your taste in movies. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[quote=Wombler;2121576]You’ve been incredibly lucky.

I’m not remotely doubting you but I can’t believe you haven’t come across any discs with the newer protections.

Perhaps it’s your taste in movies. :bigsmile:[/quote]I resemble that remark! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=larc919;2122028]I resemble that remark! :p[/QUOTE]

LOL.

Don’t worry. I’m not casting nasturtiums. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]