Is there a how to or guide on crossflashing?

I have several Asus DVDRW drives that use the Mediatek B chipset and would like to crossflash them to Lite-On drives. I have done similar things years ago but have forgotten the exact procedure. I did some searching but found no complete info. When flashing my DRW-24B3LT B to a iHAS424 B GL18 do I need to check the box to update the boot code? It should would be nice if someone in the know would write a guide with the exact procedure needed to crossflash a drive. Better yet also how to flash back to the original drive if necessary.

Bill

Really? This was posted not even a day ago by a new user.

Here is another how to guide from Thunderbolt69 on cross flashing to a Liteon
drive from an Asus drive

Cross Flashing to a Liteon

[QUOTE=KTL;2576819]Really? This was posted not even a day ago by a new user.[/QUOTE]

I saw that post and it is of some use but does not answer the question I asked does it. So is it complete? Must be having a bad day?

Bill

I’m always having a bad day. :slight_smile:

If the crossflashing method from an Asus to a LiteOn is explained. How is crossflashing from a LiteOn back to an Asus any different if you have the 1.00 firmware? It’s not hard to figure out.

A second method would be to use the EU to restore the EEPROM and the FU to flash the 1.00 back.

Was your searching “complete”?

maybe he needs to know one extra thing that he asked - “do I need to check the box to update the boot code”?

I do not check.
Screenshots of crossflash of 24B3ST to iHAS624B.

[QUOTE=luxury54;2576901]maybe he needs to know one extra thing that he asked - “do I need to check the box to update the boot code”?[/QUOTE]

Enable update bootcode is no need/not recommended.