Is there a guide for parity scans?

Hi, I am new on the forum, and I am a bit lost…
Can someone help me find a guide for parity scans, if there is one here? :slight_smile:
Or maybe articles?
Thank you :smiley:

Hello [B]Ann-Willow[/B], welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

(Hey, a new fellow belgian member, nice :bigsmile: )

There is no guide [I]per se[/I] for PIE/PIF scans here, but you can start by reading this:
Interperting PI/PO errors scans.
Then if you find the courage, you can read the threads in the “Media testing/Identifying software”, where you can find many discussions around PIE/PIF scanning. :slight_smile:

If you have specific questions, don’t hesitate to ask there. I won’t personally reply but you’ll find very knowledgable posters there, like [B]Dragemester[/B], [B]cd pirate[/B], [B]tropic[/B], [B]TL0[/B], [B]Dakhaas[/B], [B]Dolphinius_Rex[/B]… who can give you useful hints about disc testing, and won’t feed you the usual crap you can find around the net about PIE/PIF scanning, most of it being very questionable (this is an understatement). :wink: But these guys you can trust. :iagree:

Happy testing :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Francksoy :smiley:
I will read the link.
I have already met Dragemaster, yes I felt I could trust him :iagree:
You live in Belgium? I am surprised because it is so late, 4 in the morning! You are a nighthawk too it seems?
A belgian kiss to you then :kiss:

Oh, “in the recording studio”, I get it lol (the unusual time)

I do not believe it, your are Franck the singer from Soysoy? :eek:
>> Are you in, are you out, are you hype, are you fashionable << etc…
Hi Franck! I am Anna, from Anderlues! :smiley:
Incredible, figures! So you know Cressida also?
Oooooh, expect some emails from me! lol

:eek: :eek:

Hi [B]Anna[/B], figures indeed. :bigsmile:

I had no idea you were interested in DVD burning stuff.
Neither that you were a Buffy fan… (er… do you have a crush on Oz or on Tara? :bigsmile: )

Well, you have my email… :wink:

I know [B]Cressida [/B] from the board only, not personally. :slight_smile: Always got along with her nicely here.

Oz or Tara?
I have a crush on… both :stuck_out_tongue: (> “I’m a modern kind of girl” < lol)
Check your email :wink:

Bonjour Anna :slight_smile: , another welcome here from me. We can never have enough ladies on cdfreaks (though I’m not one of them, Franck - my nick is misleading I know :flower: ). I don’t get as deep into the subject as Franck and others in the Blank Media section (witness the fact that I still can’t post my scans correctly, sorry DrageMester :o ) and I don’t have any professional involvement, I’m just happy I can burn and check a decent DVD for myself. My biggest joy in this area is making my PC’s run smoothly. I shudder at the thought of how many are set up poorly, so I try to help out here if I can (while learning a lot at the same time :iagree: ). See you around :smiley: