Is There A Good SATA Scanner And All Around Decent Writer?

vbimport

I’m getting a bit itchy to get a new SATA drive and was wondering if there were and good SATA scanners out there that did a decent job. Right now I have an LG 62L and a LiteOn 16A7S and the LiteOn does a real crappy job at doing scans and the LG doesn’t scan.

I loved my old BenQ DW1655 but I’m not using IDE in my new system only SATA and was hoping that someone makes a good decent drive that will scan, rip and write.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks

Dave

Plextor 755SA/760SA.

Any new Samsung or Lite-On sata drive should satisfy your needs.

Combine that with a Pioneer sata burner and you have a “ful hand”.

Well I’m happy with the LG H62L and the writes I get from it, although the new LG-G20L produces some very nice scans and I’m thinking of replacing the H62-L with it.

I took a look and the only SATA drives that do scanning that I can get my hands on are the LiteOn LH-20AIL and LH-20AIP and for Samsung the SH-S203B/BEBN. I’ve read that this Samsung writer isn’t all that great of a scanner but I don’t know I could be wrong.

Any other feedback.

Oh as far as the Plextor goes I can get the PX810SA but isn’t this just a rebadges Pioneer 212D? and will it even do any quality scanning?

Oh as far as the Plextor goes I can get the PX810SA but isn’t this just a rebadges Pioneer 212D? and will it even do any quality scanning?

No, & it also won’t booktype Dvd+R to Dvd-Rom.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t really know what is meant by the term CD or DVD scanner. I can make a guess and say it checks for the types of copy protection or Disc Media ID? The reason I ask is because the Samsung 203N just purchased does not scan CDs well according to the FAQ of Samsung. Would someone please tell me what this term encompasses? Thanks.

The Samsungs are blocked in the registry from scanning with CD/DVD Speed, but you can use it (the 203) with DVDInfoPro and of course if you are confortable editing your registry it can be unblocked so you can use CD/DVD Speed.

Thanks for that. I found that yesterday here and edited the registry. So scanning term is just used for quality testing?

[QUOTE=Sliztzan;2021988]Sorry for my ignorance, but I don’t really know what is meant by the term CD or DVD scanner. I can make a guess and say it checks for the types of copy protection or Disc Media ID? The reason I ask is because the Samsung 203N just purchased does not scan CDs well according to the FAQ of Samsung. Would someone please tell me what this term encompasses? Thanks.[/QUOTE]A scan is usually a test of a disk, such as a Quality scan using Nero for an example, some drives handle scans better then others, whereas that same drive might burn/write better.Very often the Pros have a combination of both.