Is there a fast way to check errors?DVD

I mainly use a LG drive , purchased few months ago, burned a lot so far. Just wondering if there was anyway to fast check some dvds for errors or read test them? see if they are readable. LG doesnt support disc quality check, but old my memorex drive does, dont like connecting it though. Whats a sure fire way to check my dvds?

I use CDCheck on most of discs.

Lost 1 DVD already :(, my futurama season 2 disc ( 2-3 year old) I made personally. Barely **** transfers at 1x, quality score=0 on memorex drive , screws up badly on my dvd stand alone players.

The media I used for it was memorex dvds :frowning: made by ritek I believe. Probably going to replace those with verbs.

[QUOTE=stormie;1938047]I mainly use a LG drive , purchased few months ago, burned a lot so far. Just wondering if there was anyway to fast check some dvds for errors or read test them? see if they are readable. LG doesnt support disc quality check, but old my memorex drive does, dont like connecting it though. [B]Whats a sure fire way to check my dvds?[/B]

I use CDCheck on most of discs.

Lost 1 DVD already :(, my futurama season 2 disc ( 2-3 year old) I made personally. Barely **** transfers at 1x, quality score=0 on memorex drive , screws up badly on my dvd stand alone players.

The media I used for it was memorex dvds :frowning: made by ritek I believe. Probably going to replace those with verbs.[/QUOTE]Not really but your LG drive will do a transfer read test. But that’s not going to be 100%. Use good media and you should be ok.

Running a Read Transfer Test on the Benchmark tab in Nero CD-DVD Speed will show you whether the disc can be read without any slowdowns at maximum reading speed.

Depending on how good a reader your drive is and depending on how it behaves when it encounters reading problems, this can be a very good test of the quality of a disc. It doesn’t tell you all the things that a PIE/PIF test does, but OTOH it tells you things that a PIE/PIF test does not.