Is there a diff between lightscribe blanks and photoprintable balnks?

is there a diff between lightscribe blanks and photoprintable balnks?
:confused:
i’ve just bought a dvd rw lightscribe LG H22L and i’ve tryied lightcribeing on photoprintable verbatim 16x blanks…it doesn’t work…do i need(r there 4 lightscribe …“lightscribe” blanks???
10x in advance

Yes!
LightScribe means that it can be burned or printed in a LightScribe capable burner.
Photo printable means that you can print it on a CD/DVD inkjet printer, like a Canon Pixma 4200/5200 or an Epson.

You need (overpriced) LightScribe discs.

Yes - huge diff. Lightscribe are burned with a laser. On the DVD blanks for Lightscribe, there is a thicker layer of plastic between the top of the disk and the label surface where it is lasered. That gives a kind of “foggy” effect with DVD blanks.

Print-On media, both for CD and DVD, have coatings on the very top of the disk so there is nothing between them and the ink to get in the way.

I have Lightscribe, and think it’s more of a novelty. I’ll probably try printable disks after the Imation AquaGuards become more prevalent. Hoping that Verbatim will come out with AquaGuard type surfaces as I prefer Verbatim for DVD’s.