Is the Sony DRU-V200S the Optiarc 7200A?

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Optiarc AD-7200A. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]the Sony DRU-V200S

it Looks like an optiarc to me can any one confirm what exactly is the model here (my Guess 7200A)

My guess is 7200S.

I have Sony DRU-V200A/S drives. They are Optiarc 7200A/S clones and can use with Optiarc AD-7200A/S firmwares.

HP +R 16x
CMC MAG M01 @16x

Verbatim -R 16x
MCC03RG20 @20x

[QUOTE=2601;2108799]I have Sony DRU-V200A/S drives. They are Optiarc 7200A/S clones and can use with Optiarc AD-7200A/S firmwares.[/QUOTE]

Thank you 2601.

thank u guys for the quick reply
but will u plz tell me the latest firmware for the 7200S and the tool i use to crossflash the V200S
can i use "Binflash - NEC version - © by Liggy and Herrie"
and is the “1z1” the last firmware for the 7200S??

I think that 1.Z2 is the latest, but i would wait to listen from Dee or Liggy if that is possible, and most of all i would first try the drive with the stock firmware, that i think it’s pretty good, you dont wont to end up with a broken drive?

thnx a lot vroom been a great help man
but u didn’t tell me can i use the binflash app to cross flash?
and i’ll use the 1.06 Firmware if the case is waiting for dee to confirm the 1.Z2
and for the broken drive
i can RMA the Drive any way cause I’m a retailer in my country

I didn’t tell you because i dont know, the rest are up to you.

If this drive is a 7200S clone then you should be able to flash the drive with Binflash and a firmware from our site. 1.Z2 has a few speedups on selected media, 1.06bt is the same firmware without the speedups.
Before you flash your drive. Please dump the original firmware from your drive using Binflash to your hard drive, incase you run into problems with the Optiarc firmware. Then you can flash back to original.
Please also send us the original firmware from your drive, once you have dumped it with Binflash.

Link http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/upload

thnx a lot dee
and will do (sending u the firmware)

hey dee the file is uploaded in the site u supplied in the last post
file name :SONY - V200S Official 1.6
my gues the same as opitarc 1.6 with the name sony on it
will u advise me to change it in the 1z2 firmware or leave it ??

Thanks for uploading the firmware.
If you are happy with the firmware you have then i would leave it for now, at least until you can test out the drive. Then, if you need bitsetting on DVD+R you can flash it with either 1.06bt or 1.Z2.

thank u Dee
been so sweet and great help
i’ll stick to the original firmware for now cause the 3 sample dvd’s i made were excellent results will post them soon

[B]I just purchased the Sony DRU-V200A.It is a nice drive but doesnt support bitsetting.[/B]

It should on DVD+R-DL and with some patched firmwares it should also work on DVD+R and (with the usual NEC/Optiarc restrictions) on DVD+RW

It should on DVD+R-DL and with some patched firmwares it should also work on DVD+R and (with the usual NEC/Optiarc restrictions) on DVD+RW

will u plz patch the firmware for the sony v200s
i sent u a copy earlier and i thought u will do a patched copy of the firmware
so kindly if u can post it here or at ur site
http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/page/en/Optiarc-AD-7200A/

I just wanted to confirm that the Sony DRU-V200S is indead the Optiarc 7200S. Just crossflashed with Binflash the Sony with Dee´s Optiarc 1.06bt firmware and enjoy full Bitsetting & RPC1 now.

BIG THX :clap: