Is the PS3 a sinking ship?

vbimport

Is the PlayStation3 a sinking ship?

According to this writer, it is.

What say you?

yes

Very Good News :clap:

The problem with sony has always been there greed and it will get them again this time.

[QUOTE=Randomus;2176382]According to this writer, it is.[/QUOTE]
Errrr … What’s up Doc?
That’s an Elmer FUD :stuck_out_tongue:
The writer should climb back under his bridge, and get back to eating billy goats :iagree:

I’m sure that Sony has a slim-PS3 hiding somewhere with their new smaller, cooler cores … which will retail for less tha current models & give M$ a run for their $$$ :wink:

[QUOTE=debro;2176828]Errrr … What’s up Doc?
That’s an Elmer FUD :stuck_out_tongue:
The writer should climb back under his bridge, and get back to eating billy goats :iagree:

I’m sure that Sony has a slim-PS3 hiding somewhere with their new smaller, cooler cores … which will retail for less tha current models & give M$ a run for their $$$ ;)[/QUOTE]

Hahaha…
Agree, this “writer” doesn’t have the brains to be anything, but a Troll.
I’m no fan of Sony, but the the PS3 is a very impressive game console.
If you don’t believe me, take a look at it’s current capabilities, as well as what’s down-the road.

This guy contends that “…The differences between Blu-Ray and DVD are hard to see on a TV less than 50”…“
LMAO, are you kidding? The difference is huge on a 42” and even on a 32" screen.
He also fails to mention that the PS3 is an outstanding upconverter when he incorrectly asserts that
"…no one seems to care about hi-def DVDs…"
Ha, my standard dvds and bkups never looked so good.

I’m not trying to promote Sony here, but this “writer” is an idiot.

Yes, I used to be a Sony PS1, PS2 gamefan but not of the current PS3 they to me missed the boat and the Wii has come back as they have and funny Nintendo was the first Game consol to hit the market and take off and now look the Wii hits the market and takes off. Does that ring of Deja Vu anyone??? Maybe Sony should rethink their platform. Wii is cheap and has lots of game for all Age users “” AGE users"" that is what sells nowdays and til Sony gets it’s head out of the cloud they will always be behind the Wii. They need a new and refuse mind set and thinking. The old thinking has become stagnat and moldy and needs house cleaning.

Yes and No. On point #1 the figures are definitely exaggerated. In fact the PS3 is $100 to $150 more. You really can’t compare the $200 Arcade XBOX 360 with no HD included to the entry $400 PS3 which comes with a 40GB HD. Yes, the 360 arcade comes with a memory card but the storage capacity is laughable at best. The real comparison is with the 360 Premium system which comes with a 60GB HD at $300.

On point number 2 I agree that he is full of crapola as Blu-Ray sales, although no where near DVD sales are slowly starting to creep up there and as for the 50" TV or larger, he definitely needs to get his eyes checked (although I do agree that the benefits of HD are more noticeable on a larger screen). While I agree that a number of titles on HD where you really have to question how much better it is than watching an upconverted DVD, there are certainly no shortage of titles that can flex the muscles of HD on a decent quality smaller sized screen. On my 37" Westinghouse 37W3 TV, I can definitely see the difference on a number of titles between my entry line Toshiba A3 HD-DVD player and my high-end Oppo 981HD up-converting DVD player. So while I agree you have to be picky about your HD titles, you can definitely notice the difference on a screen much smaller than 50 inches.

On point #3 I have to completely agree with him though. Sony really does not have any earth-shattering landmark exclusive titles this time around and this is what prevents me from buying a PS3. While it is an amazing machine in terms of graphics and capabilities (not to mention one of the best blu-ray players out there), there just isn’t the software to back it up. It’s like having an old muscle car that runs on leaded gas. It might be an amazing machine in terms of horsepower and torque but good luck finding fuel for it. The same is true of the PS3, it’s specs are amazing but there aren’t any titles to truly make use of it. Strictly speaking as a videogame system the PS3 is a failure. With standalone Profile 2.0 Blu-Ray players in the $150-$200 range on sale this holiday season it is going to make it that much more difficult for them to achieve sales on the PS3 unless they can really get some good exclusives to entice people to invest the extra money in one.

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2176981]On point #3 I have to completely agree with him though. Sony really does not have any earth-shattering landmark exclusive titles this time around and this is what prevents me from buying a PS3. While it is an amazing machine in terms of graphics and capabilities (not to mention one of the best blu-ray players out there), there just isn’t the software to back it up … Strictly speaking as a videogame system the PS3 is a failure. [/QUOTE]
:iagree:

They need some serious price drops … with the smaller, cooler die, I’m pretty sure they’ll be making mini-PS3’s soon, for a fraction of the cost of the behemoth consoles they are producing now.

The first thing I said after pulling it out of the box was … “That’s a huge Biatch” - no wonder it’s so damn expensive.

Canning PS1 & PS2 compatibility was the stupidest thing that Sony could have done - PS2 titles rendered in full HD or even HD-Ready are amazing :iagree:

And PS1 graphics are so aged, yet look so good on PS3 -> You can now buy them on the PS Online Store - but if I bought them on PS1 or PS2, I’d be thoroughly appalled that Sony had abandoned my originals for their money grab scheme.