Is the new TDK 48x24x48x the new #6 chipset

I have been anxiously awaiting the new Liteon 48246S or is it 6W with the new #6 chipset. Is the TKD 48x24x48x using the new chipset?

If so, I guess I could get it and flash it to a Liteon when Liteon comes out. Of course maybe Liteon will put out something wild like a 52X.

Yes the TDK is a number 6… But we’ll have to wait and tell with the overclocking-part… I think they will put out a drive identical with the TDK, and maybe a 52x too… But I’m only guessing :slight_smile:

Thanks, I guess I will get the TDK. I will wait until Monday or Tuesday however. Thanks again.

I tried to flash the bin firmware of the Tdk 482448 to a LiteOn 40125s@48125w (VS06) with no luck,I got a dead drive that wasn’t even detected by the bios…and I recovered it with Mtkflash.

Bye

It may however be because the firmware was for a different chip set mediatek #5 which is in the Liteon 40x and you can only flash with the same chipset, #6, which is in the TDK 48x.

I believe that the new sony CRX210A1 (48X12X48X) has the new #6 chipset. This means that it is most likely overclockable to 48X24X48X. Someone should try this.

Originally posted by KenL
It may however be because the firmware was for a different chip set mediatek #5 which is in the Liteon 40x and you can only flash with the same chipset, #6, which is in the TDK 48x.

Of course,It’ that way.

Bye

Do you have a bin version of the TDK 48x24x48x firmware…just in case something goes wrong? Is this what you meant when you revived you drive after the bad flash? That you have the TDK firmware?:slight_smile:

…and I recovered it with Mtkflash.

That’s very good news, at least we know that the chip can be flashed, and MTKFlash is still in business.

Originally posted by KenL
Do you have a bin version of the TDK 48x24x48x firmware…just in case something goes wrong? Is this what you meant when you revived you drive after the bad flash? That you have the TDK firmware?:slight_smile:

Yes,I got it.
However I own a LiteOn 40125s@48125w and tryed to overclock to 482448 (Tdk are rebaged LiteOns),but 24x rw uses a different chipset and up to now isn’t possible to overclock it that way.

rdgrimes,

Yes,you can try whatever you want,if anything goes wrong just use Mtkfklash and you’ll come back.

Bye

But I could use the TDK 48x bin file. (klinn32m@rcn.com)

You own a Tdk 4812?That’s a LiteOn too,and is the same drive as the 48125w (LiteOn),so you will have no luck,sorry.
Do you have your own drive bin file?You need to read it as a back-up before try to flash to 4824.

Bye