Is the dvdid.xml file only for Windows Media Center?

vbimport

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows Xp Pro , and the latest version of DVD Fab Platinum : Mobile Option. I just recently noticed the check box for the dvdid.xml file . The settings say it is for Windows Media Center , which I'm assuming is on Vista . However , the on line tutorial says....."The file allows other applications to automatically find cover art and other information about the title on the INTERNET. "

What "other applications " is being refereed to ? Could I for instance , burn the file to a blank DVD with Nero , and play the DVD in WMP 11 and pull down cover art info from the INTERNET ?
Thanks .

The file is for movie cataloging programs like My Movies or Collectorz, etc. My Movies does some nice things in Media Center.

Thanks .

[QUOTE=drstrange32;2128970]The file is for movie cataloging programs like My Movies or Collectorz, etc. My Movies does some nice things in Media Center.[/QUOTE]

there are several 3rd party dvd cataloguing utilities, which will go online & get cover art for you. there was a thread here a long time ago.