Is the CRX-149E-RP fully subchannel compilant?

vbimport

I consider buying a Sony crx140erp and I wondered if it is totally capable of reading and writing subchannel data (both modes) in raw dao ?

Thx
Rob

Yes it is according to the CloneCD Hardware Requirements :slight_smile:

Greets

Yes, Ive seen that list but the same list says my Acer 1208A can write 96byte subchannel which is not the case...maybe im doing something wrong…?

The CRX140 comes with different prefixes, the -CH2 can alledgely burn SD2 (at 4X read) I just wondered what the -RP version is capable of.

What i need is a writer that reads SD2 fast and supports 16 & 96 byte subchannel write & read.

Any suggestions except a Plex, I just want a cheap one…?

Thanx
Rob

Your Acer 1208A is the best there is at the moment… you just need a different unit to read the 96bytes of SubCHannel Data. Writing it with this drive should work just fine. For the reading you could use for instance the Toshiba DVD 1502… which is highly recommended for CloneCD.

Is there an easy way to test your CD drive to see if it reads 96byte subchannel data? I’m looking for a new burner to replace my non-Clone CD supported HP 7570i (flashed to 8100)

Originally posted by ZaGhost
Is there an easy way to test your CD drive to see if it reads 96byte subchannel data? I’m looking for a new burner to replace my non-Clone CD supported HP 7570i (flashed to 8100)

The easiest way is to check the CloneCD Hardware Requirements

These are important:

Best Supported Write Mode: DAO-RAW96
Best supported Read Mode for Data: RAW-96
Best supported Read Mode for Audio: RAW+96

Thanks for the quick reply
I was hoping ofr a good piece of diagnostic software or similar ideas… I have an Asus CD-S500 reader was hoping repalce my HP burner with an Acer 1208A, not sure if the ASUS has the required reading abilties

The ACER burners are excellent writers, but poor readers… If you can afford it, buy a Toshiba DVD (like the SD-M1502) as a reader (recommended for CloneCD), which can read everything… Together these two can handle almost all protections out there :slight_smile:

May be a plan, I’ll take a look and see if anyone local carries them… I grabbed the ASUS for it’s DAE, looking at the Acer for it’s overall burning abilities, perhaps a DVD would be a worthwhile addition :slight_smile: I do have the room afterall, heh

side note…
priced the Toshiba DVD drive… pretty reasonable weighs in at $103 CAN, the Acer 1208A is around $170 …

Yes the price here in The Netherlands was around 200 guilders ($80 USD) for the Toshiba DVD SD-M1502 and it was a bargain considering its reading abilities :smiley: