Is the Bottom of a Verbatim dvd-r the same color as a taiyo yuden?

Is the bottom of verbatim dvd-r’s purple? I’ve heard that the taiyo yuden dvd-r’s are a less noticeable tint of purple I need to know which one looks more like a factory dvd and if there are any that have silver bottoms?

In my experience the face of a DVD is more or less the same???

I mean the bottom part, the part that you actually burn onto

[QUOTE=rtchamp15;2488406]I mean the bottom part, the part that you actually burn onto[/QUOTE]

That’s what I mean! Check out the properties of the disc if you are looking for a pukka TY

[QUOTE=james4eva;2488408]That’s what I mean! Check out the properties of the disc if you are looking for a pukka TY[/QUOTE]
So your saying that they are the same? sorry im new at this:D

Sorry if I sound abrupt mate. You cannot tell the quality of any media, merely by looking at it. The best choices (in my world) are Verbatim or TY.

[QUOTE=james4eva;2488411]Sorry if I sound abrupt mate. You cannot tell the quality of any media, merely by looking at it. The best choices (in my world) are Verbatim or TY.[/QUOTE]

Its not the quality I’m worried about I know they’re both good, I was just wondering about the colors on the bottom.

[QUOTE=rtchamp15;2488412]Its not the quality I’m worried about I know they’re both good, I was just wondering about the colors on the bottom.[/QUOTE]

??? I’ve used Verbatim and TY discs. I’ve never checked the underside. As long as you are happy they are pukka discs, what’s the problem?

Verbatim and TY dvds are similar in appearance as far as color.

TY cds are a much lighter color blue.

and they can’t use the greenish colored dye due to the properties of DVD media anyway, a stronger laser is used to write them.

[QUOTE=rtchamp15;2488401]I need to know which one looks more like a [U][B]factory dvd [/B][/U]and if there are any that have [U][B]silver bottoms?[/B] [/U] [/QUOTE]

To my knowledge there isn’t any DVD disc’s that have a silver bottom you can find CD disc’s with a silver bottom
but not a DVD disc none that I know of anyway. :disagree:

I only have one question [B](why does it make a difference what color the bottom of the DVD disc is and why
is a silver colored bottom disc important?)[/B] :confused:

I can only think of one reason why anyone would want a [U][B]silver colored [/B][/U]bottom DVD disc and one that looks like
a [U][B]factory[/B][/U] disc and it ain’t a good reason either the only reason I can think of is a [U][B] illegal bootleg copy[/B][/U]. :cop:

[B](but if I’m wrong then I apologize in advance)[/B]

[QUOTE=getit29;2488441]To my knowledge there isn’t any DVD disc’s that have a silver bottom you can find CD disc’s with a silver bottom

I only have one question [B](why does it make a difference what color the bottom of the DVD disc is and why
is a silver colored bottom disc important?)[/B] :confused:

I can only think of one reason why anyone would want a [U][B]silver colored [/B][/U]bottom DVD disc and one that looks like
a [U][B]factory[/B][/U] disc and it ain’t a good reason either the only reason I can think of is a [U][B] illegal bootleg copy[/B][/U]. :cop:

[B](but if I’m wrong then I apologize in advance)[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL yep! :cop: My DVD-RAMs are a goldish color instead because of the phase change layer instead of dye

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2488414]Verbatim and TY dvds are similar in appearance as far as color.

TY cds are a much lighter color blue.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

[QUOTE=getit29;2488441]To my knowledge there isn’t any DVD disc’s that have a silver bottom you can find CD disc’s with a silver bottom

I only have one question [B](why does it make a difference what color the bottom of the DVD disc is and why [/B]
[B]is a silver colored bottom disc important?)[/B] :confused:

a [U][B]factory[/B][/U] disc and it ain’t a good reason either the only reason I can think of is a [U][B]illegal bootleg copy[/B][/U]. :cop:

[B](but if I’m wrong then I apologize in advance)[/B][/QUOTE]

I just wanted them to look as real as possible, Not to sell its just a personal preference, I’m sure someone who wants a dvd would pay 5$ for a new release whether it had a purple bottom or not.

Yeah, but people that SELL pirated movies knowingly are the ones who are committing illegal acts!

Gentlemen. I see no need for this speculation on rtchamp15’s motivation. It seems a simple question to me, and so I answered. There is no cause to doubt his motives, and we do not meet newcomers to the forums with veiled hostility, even with apologies tacked on as an afterthought.

@rtchamp15 Hope the question is answered to your satisfaction.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2488469]Gentlemen. I see no need for this speculation on rtchamp15’s motivation. It seems a simple question to me, and so I answered. There is no cause to doubt his motives, and we do not meet newcomers to the forums with veiled hostility, even with apologies tacked on as an afterthought.

@rtchamp15 Hope the question is answered to your satisfaction.[/QUOTE]

I was not implying or speculating rtchamp15 was doing anything or thinking of doing anything illegal. :disagree:
I was just expressing my thoughts of why anyone would want a factory looking silver bottomed disc
that could be burned. I was just wondering after the thread about the factory look Dvd Screen Print
wanting the disc to look as close to a factory pressed disc as possible that was started by the now
banned nnnswordfish http://club.myce.com/f123/dvd-screen-print-307710/