Is the 107D so noisy?

Please, tell me… really the 107D is so noisy so it makes sense to buy a a07XLA one??? Thanks.

mines as quiet as a mouse…but im not burning cdrs either just dvds…great drive!

Well but… the a07XLA is available to reduce vibration and noise of the 107D isn’t it??? Or it is only the same as 1007D with better aspect??

sorry your right i have the A-07XLA not the 107D and i can attest the new drive is quiet.

I noticed that they had the A07-XLA and -XLB at Fry’s yesterday. They cost $189.99, which is a little steep. I wonder if NewEgg will have an OEM version soon.

I went to Pioneer’s USA site, but they don’t even show this as a product. I wonder why that is. Perhaps they’re busy resetting their clocks.

i find it to be extremely quiet but the only drive i have compared it to was my plextor so i really don’t know how it compares to other dvdr drives

I previously owned a NEC2500 and I find that the Pioneer 107d is quieter.

Originally posted by berkhoo
I previously owned a NEC2500 and I find that the Pioneer 107d is quieter.

My NEC is whisper-quiet, so I’m assuming your Pioneer could not be heard above the breathing of a mouse. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by neopre
Please, tell me… really the 107D is so noisy so it makes sense to buy a a07XLA one??? Thanks.

you won’t recognize the differences between 107d and a07xl in terms of noises

they’re pretty quite

Originally posted by LoneWolf15
My NEC is whisper-quiet, so I’m assuming your Pioneer could not be heard above the breathing of a mouse. :slight_smile:

When the NEC and Pioneer are in constant write mode, they are both whisper silent. Just that when the NEC began to power up usually during the beginning of a write or ending of a write, the noise is just a bit more noticeable.