Is Ritek CD-R media still good?

Previously, I’ve had fantastic results with their Maxell-branded phthalocyanine discs. However, I’m now hearing that their DVD-R media has been going downhill in quality. Does this apply to all Ritek media as a whole, or just their DVD-Rs? I’m thinking of buying a Ridata 100 pc package.

No problems with Ridata 48X CD-R here.
Purchased recently.

Here is a scan of a Ritek CD purchased about a month ago (not a full disc). Looks pretty good. FYI I have some Mitsubishi Chemical CDs that routinely have 0 errors. They are considered among the best.

I was going to ask the same question. I’ve been using Maxell’s now for quite some time (unaware that they were Ritek’s until recently). There’s a shop here in Melbourne, Australia that has Ritek 50 spindle for AU$16 and Mitsubishi for AU$17. Would you guys reccomend the Mitsu’s?

Mitsu - GD80CB50PCN
Ritek - CDR-9017E3IRTK003

The Mitsubishi Golden Dye CD-Rss are made by CMC Magnetics Corporation. Don’t buy them!

The RiTEKs are 90min (correct me if I’m wrong). Get the standard length 80min ones and they’ll be excellent!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

why the 80 min as opposed to the 90 min?

here’s the link -> http://www.bargain.net.au/products.php?page=item_details&category_id=1000004&subcategory_id=1021&item_id=1000608

I’m not 100% sure if we’re discussing the same discs, but I bought some Mitsbishi discs about three months ago and they do not have a CMC code. They have a gold top with the following written on the right side:
Golden
PC disc
Golden Phthalo Cyanine Disc

The ATIP info is as follows:
ATIP: 97m 32s 19f
Disc Manufacturer: Prodisc Technology Inc.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
nominal Capacity: 702.82MB (79m 59s 71f / LBA: 359846)

While I do not have Kprobe scans, I can tell you that the fifty I burnt at 32x on my NEC 2500A burner all had smooth cd-speed readings.

While I do not have Kprobe scans, I can tell you that the fifty I burnt at 32x on my NEC 2500A burner all had smooth cd-speed readings.

I understand. However, these discs have been CMCs previously, and if I were buying Mitsubishi, I’d be expecting top-notch Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation’s (a.k.a. Mitsubishi Kagaku Media) media.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

Yo-

Get great 48x burns with my TDK CD-R’s (Ritek)
on both 3500’s-

No issues here-

BTW - all future CD-R’s will be Taiyo Yuden for me - why not use the best??

Mike

but in china, i find the silver CD-R not good, but here have a lot of silver blue disc i think good , it can be arrivel 40x, “RVD”, made in taiwang.