Is plextor the best burner?

vbimport

#1

To all of you guys that have plextor burners I heard is the best, is this true? I have a mitsumi burner but planning in getting a plex. Thanks.


#2

Originally posted by elperra
To all of you guys that have plextor burners I heard is the best, is this true? I have a mitsumi burner but planning in getting a plex. Thanks.
As it has been posted several times in several threads, most people think that plexies are better with handling audio, while lite-ons are better in backing up games (although i never had any problems with my plexie).

So it all depends on what you want to do with your drive :stuck_out_tongue:


#3

Yep the Plextor vs. Lite-On topic has been discussed many, many times before.
The search function will give you a lot of information…


#4

Get 1 of each bud…no problems then:D

Bartman:cool:


#5

Originally posted by Bartman@MASH
[B]Get 1 of each bud…no problems then:D

Bartman:cool: [/B]

Yes, that would be nice… but there’s
a simple answer i guess…
you prefer speed ? maybe choose LiteOn, but don’t complain if you get errors… you want quality ? choose Plextor, maybe not always high-speed…
but you can count on it,
cheap? … Cyberdrive…but…:rolleyes:


#6

Originally posted by Bartman@MASH
Get 1 of each bud…no problems then:D

Right on! That’s what I did!! :smiley:


#7

Thanks guys, I think I gonna get a Plex:p


#8

I have both brands and like them both. My wife has a Plextor 24/10/40A in her machine.

I have a Liteon 40x12x48 AND a plexwriter 8/20 with a Ultraplex 40 max as a reader. My machine = overkill, but that is the way I like it!:cool:


#9

Originally posted by zotikoz
[B]I have both brands and like them both. My wife has a Plextor 24/10/40A in her machine.

I have a Liteon 40x12x48 AND a plexwriter 8/20 with a Ultraplex 40 max as a reader. My machine = overkill, but that is the way I like it!:cool: [/B]

Yes, a 8/20 and “the” UltraPleX 40max… a very good combination !

Fug.


#10

Originally posted by Fugitive
maybe choose LiteOn, but don’t complain if you get errors… you want quality ?
Dont believe this. u wont get any errors with the liteon’s that u wont get with a plex. This sort of thing depends on the media used.The liteon is better at most thing xcept audio cd copting not pre-mastering. The Plex writers cant write 99mins on a 99 min capacity CDRW

I dont know about the plex’s but the liteon’s have good media comatiblity gernerally, and they’re much cheaper. :cool:


#11

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[B] Dont believe this. u wont get any errors with the liteon’s that u wont get with a plex. This sort of thing depends on the media used.The liteon is better at most thing xcept audio cd copting not pre-mastering. The Plex writers cant write 99mins on a 99 min capacity CDRW

I dont know about the plex’s but the liteon’s have good media comatiblity gernerally, and they’re much cheaper. :cool: [/B]

According to the cd-freaks review of P40/12/40A, it is able to overburn up to 94min and i quote:

The overburn feature is not a part of the general CDRW specification (Orange book) and thus not officially supported by Plextor. Nevertheless this Plextor is a unique piece with overburning. The drive is capable of burning around 94 minutes on a 99min CD-R.

I am sure that with a future firmware update it will be able to uverburn up to 99min. Do you really think, though, that future lite-on firmware upgrades will increase its audio-handling capabilitites? Maybe, but i don’t think it will ever reach plextor… :wink:


#12

u can keep saying that until u plex boyz can back up some sd 2.51 :slight_smile:


#13

Originally posted by shuebhussain
u can keep saying that until u plex boyz can back up some sd 2.51 :slight_smile:

Yes you are right … lite-ons can easily copy SD2.5 protected games, without BB or AWS function. But hey, i can also back up my SD2.5 protected games with these 2, it just takes me a few more minutes:p

There will be a time (not that far away be sure of that) that lite-ons will need BB or other similar proggies to back up SD so what will you be left with then? A piece of machine that does second rating music copying and needs “help” to back up games!

Don’t get me wrong here, i wish my plexie could do correct EFM decoding so that it backed up SD2.5 easily… and i aknowledge lite-ons ability to do so. But you’re missing the point… there are also other virtues a cdr has to show beyond whether it backes up SD2 games in 10 or 20 min … like being connected to my ide cable for more than just a few months before i throw it away or put it in the closet … :wink:


#14

oh yes , the price??

Anyway, Never mind, the 2 makes are good for different things :slight_smile:

Take it easy :cool: boyz …


#15

almost everytime i use my writer , it is to copy a audio cd ( protected or not ) , and i must say , my plextor 24/10/40a never disapointed me , i copied protected cd ’ s with key2audio or cactus200 datashield , no problem ,
anyway , not a bad word about the liteon ’ s , they seem to be very good with the game cd ’

bye


#16

Liteon was just a lucky brand =) …

If someone were to buy a burner at this time…there is only one…Plextor


#17

and what about protected PC games?


#18

Originally posted by shuebhussain
u can keep saying that until u plex boyz can back up some sd 2.51 :slight_smile:

i have yet to find a game i cant copy
i’m going to buy motoracer 3 this weekend and try it.

i have a 40xultraplex reader and a 8/20 writer all scsi

you name it i’ve copied it excetp i havent tried the tages or whatever its called. but i’ll be trying that this weekend.


#19

Do a search on Tages and you will find out why you will never be able to make a workable copy…

:stuck_out_tongue:


#20

like i said above will be trying tagus this weekend.

and i plan on getting shot down but i’m going to try.