Is Optiarc AD-7560A Lightscribe or Not?

vbimport

I have a Compaq C713NR Notebook I bought about a year ago, and I could have sworn it was advertised as Lightscribe compatible when I bought it. The notebook is loaded up with all kinds of HP Lightscribe software, also.

I remember not caring that the DVD drive could write labels, because I have had many Lightscribe drives before, and never used the Lightscribe ability because Lightscribe discs were so much more expensive than regular.

I finally got a good deal on some Lightscribe DVDs, and went to burn a label, but my Lightscribe software said I had no Lightscribe drive installed.

I updated my Lightscribe software and downloaded their Utility to try and solve the problem, but still no Lightscribe drive was found.

I tried other labelling software, but they did not detect a Lightscribe drive either.

The Optiarc AD-7560A is a difficult beast to find any info on. Does anyone know if it actually is or is not Lightscribe capable? Thanks for any info. :iagree:

Hi and Welcome![quote=judyneric;2181701]I have a Compaq C713NR Notebook I bought about a year ago, and I could have sworn it was advertised as Lightscribe compatible when I bought it. The notebook is loaded up with all kinds of HP Lightscribe software, also.[/quote]That’s normal for HP, they even install Intel drivers on AMD based systems :doh: :eek:

According to the Service manual available on HP website, this computer has several options for optical drives (depending on the model). A lightscribe optical drive is one of several options.

The Optiarc AD-7560A is a difficult beast to find any info on. Does anyone know if it actually is or is not Lightscribe capable? Thanks for any info. :iagree:
A Google search for “AD-7560A spec” reveals some spec sheets for that drive (and its Sony sibling). None of them mention Lightscribe.

The specs for your notebook model doesn’t mention Lightscribe either.

Michael

7560 no lightscribe (or labelflash)
7563 has labelflash (no lightscribe)